DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Southern Germany checking in

Gotcha

Reactions
Hi together,
After thinking of getting a quadcopter for years, actually seeing a Mavic Pro flying was a game changer.
It's an amazing piece of equipment. Even being an electronics engineer it makes me wonder how so many systems like motors, inertia sensors, cameras, flight controller and the like plus gimbal and 4K camera work together like a charm to make an aircraft that small.

I was flying in beginner mode for a week to practice for a vaccination in northern Italy. Reading about the Italian laws I wasn't so sure if it was a good idea to fly there.
On my last day at home I still wasn't sure to take it to Italy or leave it at home. At least I wanted to have some fun, to get of the beginner-leach and drain the batteries before leaving. First flight out of the 30m range! After flying in the open area I practiced before, I decided to fly about 80 meters away to some trees. Seems I wasn't adapted to the agility of the normal flight mode, I backed up in reverse gear and hit a tree. Long story short, the Mavic is fine, but both props with the white ring are damaged. Good thing is that I know for sure that I can leave it at home since I only have one spare.

Anyhow it's a lot of fun and vacations are great but I'm looking forward to the flights to come!

Aircraft:
WL V911 (small 4 Channel Single Rotor Helicopter)
Mavic Pro

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Hi together,
After thinking of getting a quadcopter for years, actually seeing a Mavic Pro flying was a game changer.
It's an amazing piece of equipment. Even being an electronics engineer it makes me wonder how so many systems like motors, inertia sensors, cameras, flight controller and the like plus gimbal and 4K camera work together like a charm to make an aircraft that small.

I was flying in beginner mode for a week to practice for a vaccination in northern Italy. Reading about the Italian laws I wasn't so sure if it was a good idea to fly there.
On my last day at home I still wasn't sure to take it to Italy or leave it at home. At least I wanted to have some fun, to get of the beginner-leach and drain the batteries before leaving. First flight out of the 30m range! After flying in the open area I practiced before, I decided to fly about 80 meters away to some trees. Seems I wasn't adapted to the agility of the normal flight mode, I backed up in reverse gear and hit a tree. Long story short, the Mavic is fine, but both props with the white ring are damaged. Good thing is that I know for sure that I can leave it at home since I only have one spare.

Anyhow it's a lot of fun and vacations are great but I'm looking forward to the flights to come!

Aircraft:
WL V911 (small 4 Channel Single Rotor Helicopter)
Mavic Pro
Howdy from Wyoming Gotcha, welcome to the community. Plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hallo and Willkommen :)
Good to hear you love your Mavic, indeed, it's an amazing machine ;-)
I'll fly in Südtirol in a few weeks, have asked about regulations, they are quite similar to the German...
So, enjoy and fly safe :)
Schöne Grüße, Randolph

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000