DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

fishgypsy

Reactions
Hello! Purchased a MA2, my first drone ever. Growing up in the Nintendo era, I’m picking up on the controls pretty quickly. Never thought I’d enjoy just flying around as much as I do. Spent the first few days getting used to the menu, flight controls, safety and other functions, and the next few days really focusing on the camera. This will take some getting used to as the dynamic range of exposures in the sky and on the ground are a little tricky. Yesterday I spent three batteries experimenting with ND and PL filters as they affect shutter speed. Interesting results, but a small sample so I will be spending a lot more time on this subject. In summary, I’d say yes it matters greatly.

I am 5/5 on searching this forum for detailed information so far and have just scratched the surface. Between YouTube and this forum I felt like I already knew how to fly before my drone showed up.

I fish and hunt all over, and from the beginning of that obsession I have always recorded my adventures. Was not until recently I started sharing these on social media. I am excited to see what this drone adds to my creativity. So far tripod mode is my friend, not because of ease of operation but more so because the footage I capture turns out so much more cinematic in editing.

Looking forward to being a part of his community.

Brian Morris
@fishgypsy

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

Th
e MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in Minnesota! Hope you got the Fly More kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts. Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello! Purchased a MA2, my first drone ever. Growing up in the Nintendo era, I’m picking up on the controls pretty quickly. Never thought I’d enjoy just flying around as much as I do. Spent the first few days getting used to the menu, flight controls, safety and other functions, and the next few days really focusing on the camera. This will take some getting used to as the dynamic range of exposures in the sky and on the ground are a little tricky. Yesterday I spent three batteries experimenting with ND and PL filters as they affect shutter speed. Interesting results, but a small sample so I will be spending a lot more time on this subject. In summary, I’d say yes it matters greatly.

I am 5/5 on searching this forum for detailed information so far and have just scratched the surface. Between YouTube and this forum I felt like I already knew how to fly before my drone showed up.

I fish and hunt all over, and from the beginning of that obsession I have always recorded my adventures. Was not until recently I started sharing these on social media. I am excited to see what this drone adds to my creativity. So far tripod mode is my friend, not because of ease of operation but more so because the footage I capture turns out so much more cinematic in editing.

Looking forward to being a part of his community.

Brian Morris
@fishgypsy
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Twin City in

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS