DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot in Leicester, uk

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Star Lord
Welcome to MavicPilots. You’ve come to the right place if you are seeking advice, chat, buying or selling you drone, or simply just to say hello. If you need any parts, supplies, or repairs, Im here to help.

Welcome.
Keith from West Midlands. 30 minutes away.
Which star u Lord of?
Hi Keith.
How you getting on flying around here? I've been jumping on my bike and finding random footpaths and fields.
I can't talk about which star I am lord of at the moment. There an intergalactic court case. It's a bit awkward tbh.
Dave (Star Lord)

Hi all. Totally love my Mavic. Sorry about the name. But come on, frigging Star Lord!
Howdy from Wyoming Star Lord, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching

Hi all. Totally love my Mavic. Sorry about the name. But come on, frigging Star Lord!
Hi Star Lord,
Like you I'm in Leicester UK. Where do you fly? I got a surprise on discovering that Leicester City Council have a blanket ban on drones flying in their parks after I contacted them for permission to do trial flights at my local park. Only using the facilities at Braunstone Park offered by "Braunstone Flyers" model aircraft club can one do it legitimately apparently. If you've a mind to I'd be interested in meeting up with fellow Mavic owners in Leicester as I'm new to this game and anything regarding swapping 'info to do with how to master the technicalities, problems and ideas would be appreciated. Contact no. is 0116 2243068 or email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi Star Lord,
Like you I'm in Leicester UK. Where do you fly? I got a surprise on discovering that Leicester City Council have a blanket ban on drones flying in their parks after I contacted them for permission to do trial flights at my local park. Only using the facilities at Braunstone Park offered by "Braunstone Flyers" model aircraft club can one do it legitimately apparently. If you've a mind to I'd be interested in meeting up with fellow Mavic owners in Leicester as I'm new to this game and anything regarding swapping 'info to do with how to master the technicalities, problems and ideas would be appreciated. Contact no. is 0116 2243068 or email: [email protected]

Sorry for the really late reply. Had a ton of problems with my Mavic. On my third now. All seems good finally.

I am a keen cyclist so I head out on my bike looking for nice spots. Tend to be fields that have public footpaths going through them. I try and stay away from people. No problems so far.

In regards to meeting up. At some point maybe. I have MS and have slowly succumbed to social isolation over the last few years, so my social skills are some what rusty. I am trying to ease myself back into social situations. Baby steps.

How are you getting on? Have you found many places to fly?

Sorry for the really late reply. Had a ton of problems with my Mavic. On my third now. All seems good finally.

I am a keen cyclist so I head out on my bike looking for nice spots. Tend to be fields that have public footpaths going through them. I try and stay away from people. No problems so far.

In regards to meeting up. At some point maybe. I have MS and have slowly succumbed to social isolation over the last few years, so my social skills are some what rusty. I am trying to ease myself back into social situations. Baby steps.

How are you getting on? Have you found many places to fly?
Apologies for late reply, been very busy. Managed to fly my drone in Beginner Mode for several hours a couple of weeks ago at Braunstone Park after making contact with the Braunstone Flyers model aircraft group who have an area set aside for them including a landing strip the council keep cut short for them. Found the Mavic surprisingly easy to control with no problems and experimented with using different ND filters. Due mainly to the changeable and wet weather I've not flown again yet and am waiting for some sunny conditions to take advantage of the three free flight opportunities offered by the Braunstone Flyers before deciding whether to pay the £50 first year's membership or not! Otherwise I might ask permission to fly at my old scuba diving haunt of Stoney Cove, if they're willing, which might make for interesting footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli