DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot in Maryland here

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: JoKhool
I have read the entire Manual cover to cover about 6 times over and watched every video I could find months before I even had the chance to order my mavic, and I still have questions. Now the hands on practice begins.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Nice, not entirely too far, any good sites up there that wont get me in trouble? lol

Nice, not entirely too far, any good sites up there that wont get me in trouble? lol

I fly my homemade drones at Northwest Baltimore Park and Driving Range in Mt Washington. There are two soccer fields next to the driving range that provide some room to play around. I have been reading some park rules at it seems that Lake Roland is off limits. I have combed the Oregon Ridge Park website and have not found anything that prohibits it there.

Noob from PG county. Where do you fly around here since Brandywine is within the NFZ ? Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.
I Live in Brandywine, not everything is a NFZ. Truth be told though, there are always so many low flying aircraft that I'm not really comfortable flying higher than the trees in my own backyard. Luckily I have some pretty tall trees. Ive driven up to Rockville to the Gude drive field a few times, and there is a RC field on the north bound side of 301 that i haven't checked out yet.

I'm in Waldorf. Been flying mine at a High School field which is just outside the NFZ. Message me for info of this place.

Hi, im from Waldorf, i usually fly near Costco, at the back of Xscape theater.

I Live in Brandywine, not everything is a NFZ. Truth be told though, there are always so many low flying aircraft that I'm not really comfortable flying higher than the trees in my own backyard. Luckily I have some pretty tall trees. Ive driven up to Rockville to the Gude drive field a few times, and there is a RC field on the north bound side of 301 that i haven't checked out yet.
Hey JoKhool,

I'm from Waldorf and have flown around my neighborhood and further down in southern MD. How was the RC field? Were they welcoming? Went to an AMA field in Centerville, VA and they told us we have to join the AMA to fly there and then only as a guest of someone. Needless to say we left and found another park to fly around.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk