DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot in Oakland, CA

plhoward

Reactions
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi. Newbie drone enthusiast here. Just got the DJI Mini 3 Pro to add to my photography/video landscape portfolio. I live in Oakland, so if anyone wants to meet up to fly (or teach me a thing or two) I'd be happy to. Also, I know of a few "drone designated" areas to fly around the Bay Area but if there are any can't miss resources on this forum please let me know.

Also, just so I understand how these forums work. I posted this in the main home forum page. Assuming I would need to re-post here to connect with local Bay Area folk.

Welcome and have fun flying. I don't know if this is still the case, but lots of people fly drones in Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley. See The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in San Francisco (2022) | UAV Coach. I've flown there in the past and you can get some excellent shots.

They used to allow drone flights at Fort Funston in San Francisco, but that is no longer allowed. When it was still allowed I captured some awesome video there.

But where and on what conditions can you fly?

As a new pilot, I really really urge to learn up on drone safety. For example, do you know if you're flying at Cesar Chavez Park, whether or not you are allowed to fly over people in the park? What about if the clouds are low, or there's fog, or the sun is setting? Also if you fly there watch out for the kite fliers.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest