DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot needing advice

Jack91x

Reactions
Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart controler. Today I took it for its very first flight! I havnt flown a drone for a couple of years so this was a really exciting and nervous moment for me. I recording a few 5minute clips, took a few photos, played with some settings and just basically had abit of fun learning.

I return home excited to share my raw footage with my friend, this is when the problem starts, I have googled and YouTubed on how to transfer the footage to my IPhone X but I’m having 0 luck.

I have tried with Bluetooth but found out this isn’t possible.

I have used the DJI 4 app using the Go share button scanned the QR but everytime I get a connection failed screen.

I have messed about with the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz tried both no luck...

I managed to connect the WiFi on the Smart controller to my phone via the hotspot and repeated all of the above to see if this helped in anyway but it didn’t...

Also I have restarted the controller Numerous times and checked for new updates.

ive looked up on google everywhere a lot of people having similar problems but I’m finding no solution.

Please someone help.

Did you put an SD card in it to store the video? The M2 does have onboard storage and if that's what you used, the only way to get it to your iPhone (that I'm aware) is to offload the video via the USB2 port that is on the side of the M2.

If you have the right cable (usb2 to lightning or usb 2 to usb2 I don't know what connect the I X has). Or you have to offload the video to a computer, THEN to your iPhone. Once usb2 is plugged into M2, it acts just like a thumb drive.

If you used an SD card, just pull the card out and put it in your PC (or Mac) and copy the files just like any other SD card.

Hey I appreciate the reply, I do have it saved to an SD card and I have ordered an lightning to Sd adaptor for my phone... but the point is I shouldn’t have to as it has a go share option which should technically work.

Why not upload the videos to your YouTube site. Then use the YouTube app on your phone to view and to dL from there.

Reactions: Gindra
Easiest way for me is to Zip the files directly from the sd card in the drone to my computer. I plug my cord directly into the drone, select all and move. Done in no time. Then send where ever you want at will!

Easiest way for me is to Zip the files directly from the sd card in the drone to my computer. I plug my cord directly into the drone, select all and move. Done in no time. Then send where ever you want at will!
Except this site which won’t allow directly uploading video.

Did you put an SD card in it to store the video? The M2 does have onboard storage and if that's what you used, the only way to get it to your iPhone (that I'm aware) is to offload the video via the USB2 port that is on the side of the M2.

If you have the right cable (usb2 to lightning or usb 2 to usb2 I don't know what connect the I X has). Or you have to offload the video to a computer, THEN to your iPhone. Once usb2 is plugged into M2, it acts just like a thumb drive.

If you used an SD card, just pull the card out and put it in your PC (or Mac) and copy the files just like any other SD card.
Hey,

I have had the same problem. It took a few attempts at sharing via the go app before it worked (iPhone XR).

Reactions: Jack91x
Hey,

I have had the same problem. It took a few attempts at sharing via the go app before it worked (iPhone XR).
Thanks for the reply, yeah I’ve kinda give up trying now as it just fails must of tried around 20+ times... I am still learning though I may eventually come across a solution.

When DJI GO 4 is open and connected to the drone and you've just taken some video or pictures, look in the bottom right hand corner for an arrow (I think it points right) and press on it. You are now looking at the files you just recorded and you can select to view them one at a time. When you have selected a file, look in the lower left hand corner and you'll see a box with an arrow in it pointing up. Press this box with arrow and the file you have selected is down loaded to your phone. Caution these files can be quite large, by the way.
Hope this helps...

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying