DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot Needs Advice

How would describe the different flying characteristics between M2P and A2S? Stability, handling, response, ability to control? One of the features on the M2P that I really enjoy and take advantage of a lot is the tripod mode. The top speed is 2.5mph which provides more precision and smoothness. In contrast the Mini 2's "Cine" mode has a top speed of 13mph and the stick curves and latency make it very difficult to be extremely precise, especially where inches count. I know that Mavic Air2 has a Cine mode speed of 11mph, interestingly slower than the Mini 2.
The A2S is fairly new to me and I’ve flown the Pro 2 for almost two years - love it! The A2S is very stable and camera is excellent. It is a smaller sensor than the PRO 2 and is a fixed aperture f2.8. Learning how to fly smoothly for video with coordinated multi axis shots with gimbal motion requires practice. I’m a surgeon with reasonable hand eye coordination and I’m still learning. I started with the original Mavic Pro and then graduated to the Mavic 2 Pro and I’m STILL learning. Start with the 2S and perhaps the Mavic Pro 3 will be available when you are ready to graduate. Those A10 pilots did not learn to fly in the A 10! They started in basic flight school perhaps with a propeller for propulsion.

The A2S is fairly new to me and I’ve flown the Pro 2 for almost two years - love it! The A2S is very stable and camera is excellent. It is a smaller sensor than the PRO 2 and is a fixed aperture f2.8. Learning how to fly smoothly for video with coordinated multi axis shots with gimbal motion requires practice. I’m a surgeon with reasonable hand eye coordination and I’m still learning. I started with the original Mavic Pro and then graduated to the Mavic 2 Pro and I’m STILL learning. Start with the 2S and perhaps the Mavic Pro 3 will be available when you are ready to graduate. Those A10 pilots did not learn to fly in the A 10! They started in basic flight school perhaps with a propeller for propulsion.
Sorry that was fir the OP

There is a great Facebook group based near Boston-Boston Rogue Drone Pilots.The members range from pros doing work for movies+TV networks to hackers like me.The pros will answer any questions you have.At the same time it's an entertaining page full of wisecracks and such.Fun and informative.

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that the A2S is more difficult to fly precisely than the M2P, or you are just learning to become smooth with multi axis movements? I suspect the latter as it is often not only about getting two sticks and a whlle moving at the same time but getting the response parameters set for smoother movement. Being smooth and precise is the challenge and does require practice. I found that it is a diminishing skill and over the winter I got a little stale.

Mavic pro for the win!!? or at least look at it ? there are lost of rock solid built into the design, and bargan prices to be had. parts are not too bad . It's older antiquated. hard to find batteries now , but does whatever a old drone can do !

I think Mini 3 Pro would be the perfect drone for you. It’s cheap(ish), amazing battery life, crazy good gimbal and camera, smart controller option, and it’s user 250g so you can fly more places and can legally do more projects than a bigger drone.
Hope this helps!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929