DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New plastic ?

ninja_geezer

Reactions
so just had to pickup a replacement for my MA2 i noticed the plastics are 2 shades of grey, the top cover is a lighter grey than the battery and the rest of the drone
i have seen some posts of this part cracking im wondering if its made of slightly different plastic to combat this ,just a thought .also not quite as textured as the arms and the battery.
build date is jan 2021. my last one was june last year.
anyone else noticed this ? pics to follow.
wont see it soon as a decal girl skin will cover it.

a couple of pics ,you can see the different top shell colour compared to the rest of the drone its of lighter colour plastic and i thinks i different material ,i may be wrong who knows but this is the part that has been cracking on the older MA2 .20210305_093741_resized.jpg20210305_093700_resized.jpg

Very interesting.
Sure hope you have no problems with it.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
IMG_6067.JPEGIMG_6068.JPEG
I've had the same thing, always carefully handled, never crashed. I got mine in May so it's an earlier model. It looks as though they have figured out that that is a weak point and have changed the material. Mine now has a wrap on it but I'm still up in the air about having DJI fix it. I was thinking that the wrap would keep it from propagating but maybe I should rethink that.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
View attachment 125143View attachment 125144
I've had the same thing, always carefully handled, never crashed. I got mine in May so it's an earlier model. It looks as though they have figured out that that is a weak point and have changed the material. Mine now has a wrap on it but I'm still up in the air about having DJI fix it. I was thinking that the wrap would keep it from propagating but maybe I should rethink that.
Yes awaiting the wrap from the USA. my last had one on from day 1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter