DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Platinum Props Tested

Just got my props. They are just a touch longer and wider than original with a steeper pitch. Looking forward to trying these on a distance run. Will likely be Monday morning for a 100,000 ft + roundtrip flight

Reactions: lolo780
So I am still on FW .700, is it necessary to upgrade to any FW newer or my DJI Go app to use these because i do not want to lose my modding ability?
i’ve tested mine on both .900 (iphone) and .1000 (ipad) both flew just fine. i’m sure there are some improvement on the new FW as dji stated but nothing i could physically notice.

Reactions: Rsone
Just got my props. They are just a touch longer and wider than original with a steeper pitch. Looking forward to trying these on a distance run. Will likely be Monday morning for a 100,000 ft + roundtrip flight
Could you also do an indoor hover test and compare rpm and power required?

Could you also do an indoor hover test and compare rpm and power required?

Indoor hover test isn't going to work. I have 3 kids running around. I know you want to quantify the difference. Perhaps tomorrow I can do a short hover test with 550 grams of battery strapped on. That will make the difference more apparent between old and new propellers. I'll do a screen recording with tachometer showing.

The new props are quieter and cheap...if there is an increase in flight time, so much the better. There is no need for firmware changes...at all.

There is ZERO reason not to use the new props.

Reactions: newguy and Rsone
i like old ones because drive birds away from my bird .
Not mine, My Mavic has been attacked attacked by cranes, actually, I think they were curious about the noise at 250 feet,
by swallows who were mad as hell that there was a big bad bird close by, and a Hawk who thought my Mavic was would make
a good meal, and that was only in my first two flights. Birds never wen't after my P3 like they do the Mavic.

Ok, I’m going to ask the stupid question-
Why is he doing a review looking like a member of ISIS or ANTIFA?
I see normal Chinese reviews, is this his schtick?

Reactions: Chip D and Drone
Guys, everyone needs to get these propellers. Just did my first flight and they are amazing! The RPM is much lower. Flying at 33.6 mph the tachometer read 30% even when going into a slight wind. It's way more quiet at speed. I can barely hear it flying at speed at 400ft. At my area it's usually really loud with all the concrete buildings around. Flight time/distance is noticeably better. I hit over 47,000 ft on one of my old batteries and flying in random directions. Usually I only get 17minutes flying at this speed continuously on this old battery, but was close to 19 minutes.

I'm a little concerned how well these propellers will work when loaded down with 550g of extra battery. The reason is the new propellers are significantly lower RPM meaning that they are more aggressive with pitch. It may be too much load on the motors on my distance runs.

A73E5115-93F9-44D2-AA5A-BE0ACF927A21.jpeg

The new props are quieter and cheap...if there is an increase in flight time, so much the better. There is no need for firmware changes...at all.

There is ZERO reason not to use the new props.

Other than they're more expensive, possibly not quieter and nobody has actually tested if theres a flight time increase or decrease. There would appear for now at least to be no reason TO use them.

Not mine, My Mavic has been attacked attacked by cranes, actually, I think they were curious about the noise at 250 feet,
by swallows who were mad as **** that there was a big bad bird close by, and a Hawk who thought my Mavic was would make
a good meal, and that was only in my first two flights. Birds never wen't after my P3 like they do the Mavic.

Yeah +1 to this - the current props seem to really piss off birds, not repel them.

Other than they're more expensive, possibly not quieter and nobody has actually tested if theres a flight time increase or decrease. There would appear for now at least to be no reason TO use them.
Yeah, that would be incorrect. The propellers are a no brainer at $20.

Sure you're all right, gnirtS?

He's just Devil's advocate. He has a point though, if your'e a data driven person then without real #'s it's hard to say either way. Thankfully data appears to be starting to come in.

The reason is the new propellers are significantly lower RPM meaning that they are more aggressive with pitch. It may be too much load on the motors on my distance runs.

Are more aggressive, or probably are more aggressive? I'm not trying to nitpick, just finding that to be a really interesting possibility. There could be something to the new speed controllers, then, especially with their (purportedly) increased efficiency.

Well I see good results with stock battery, but loaded down with 550 grams of extra battery, not so good. The pitch is a bit too aggressive for heavy load. I was flying at 34 mph. I'll try dropping to 30ish. I see the battery drop faster with heavy load than I do with regular props. I would also be careful with sport mode. I had the aircraft go into landing mode flying sport mode (stock battery configuration) into the wind when battery was around 23%. That doesn't happen normally for me. The extra pitch/lift gives lower rpm, but that also means a bit higher drag, like a taller gear. The voltage will sag a bit more if you push it hard which is why the landing mode was triggered for me.

Anyway still testing. A slight adjustment in the flight speed may be all I need to make these propellers work better for heavy loads.

Reactions: Vladimirni
A test should be done in a sound proof box with the propeller hooked up to a stationary motor.
I don't see any value in raw decibel readings for this purpose. Perceived loudness and actual decibel readings will not always match up. There are too many variables with regard to perceived loudness; humidity, altitude, landscape/structures in the vicinity, age of listener, gender of listener, frequency of the sound, etc. A 3dB difference is about double the sound energy yet may be imperceptible to you in your environment but very noticeable to others in theirs.
What's really important is if it sounds quieter to the people listening, not what the meter reads. So if you try them and they don't sound as loud as the old ones, then they're quieter. Your perception is your reality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet