DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW Polar Pro rc mount

neither the older Polarpro mount nor the new Flightdeck appear to have the Mavount "Mavlock" style flange that the version 2 and 3 bases have.

check the video linked above, pause at about 2:52 and use <> to frame-by-frame. the flanges at the top corners of the mount frame butt up against the bottom of the controller, but there is a substantial gap in the middle, like 1/4" or so. so it appears that all the weight would be on the arms of the controller.

now go to this video and view frame by frame from 1:07, it clearly shows the top edge of the frame being seated up into the base of the controller, because it does not have the flanges acting as a depth stop.

also just found this video on youtube, but from the comment I am guessing you've already seen it.

neither the older Polarpro mount nor the new Flightdeck appear to have the Mavount "Mavlock" style flange that the version 2 and 3 bases have.

check the video linked above, pause at about 2:52 and use <> to frame-by-frame. the flanges at the top corners of the mount frame butt up against the bottom of the controller, but there is a substantial gap in the middle, like 1/4" or so. so it appears that all the weight would be on the arms of the controller.

now go to this video and view frame by frame from 1:07, it clearly shows the top edge of the frame being seated up into the base of the controller, because it does not have the flanges acting as a depth stop.

also just found this video on youtube, but from the comment I am guessing you've already seen it.

yep in the original polarpro mount setup shows a lil gap, but the new FlightDeck fits all the in & flush...only thing i like of the 1st mod video is the attachment of the CS adapter... guess im gonna give the newer PP/FD a shot...!

Can you post the pictures from the other thread you just mentioned it that's what I'm searching for someone to post pictures up of the new flight deck mount with their crystal sky,I'm debating whether I should get the flight deck mount or do this mod because of the dji/cs quick release bracket, but I believe you have to shave the left and right tabs in order for it to lock flush against the remote

Here are photos of my setup using the PolarPro and CrystalSky mount combination. No modifications to the controller required.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 31
I placed an order for the PolarPro Flight Deck today and will report back when I receive it!

mine arrived yesterday, here are some quick snaps:

- the thumbscrews to hold the CS to the mount were rattling around loose in the box, how hard would it have been to poke them into a couple of holes in the foam? they are actually stainless steel cap head bolts pressed into machined thumbscrew heads, how anyone could break one I have no idea. they fit nicely but I have some button head stainless allen screws coming to replace them, I can't see why I need toolless removal of the CS, and it's less clutter around the mount. the mount has a couple of small locating flanges to line up the holes in the CS perfectly.

- the two joint adjuster thumbscrews are REALLY nice. they are captive so you can't lose them, and the joints themselves are spring loaded closed, so they actively snap into position, and the screw just takes the flex out of the joint. the serrations in the stainless toothed washers that index the joints are excellent. they index very well and there is zero chance of slipping.

- the mounting of the stem to the baseplate on mine was done up OK, although I did pop the screw out and refit it with a small smear of blue loctite out of habit. the allen key in the box does not fit, you need a 2.5mm metric. the base of the stem has a lug that keys into a recess on the baseplate to index it, the screw just clamps it in.

- the dovetail on the bottom of the CS mount is cast as part of the mount, the dovetail on the tablet clamp is removable. the included allen key is to remove the dovetail but it also has a coin slot.

- the clamp is not bad, but it's a ratchet lock design, not spring clamped. for me the ideal clamp would have a moveable base for a spring loaded arm, so you still get pressure holding the smart device in place, but the solution would be widely adjustable for width.

- the lock screw for the dovetail mount is also captive, and the jaw doesn't move very much. the screw needs less than 1/2 turn to go from full open to full closed. that does make fitting the dovetail a somewhat precision exercise. doing the lock screw up is a bit of a challenge, the isn't much room to get fingers in there once the mount is fitted to the RC and there's a CS in the way too. I think I'll probably mate the CS to the mount first before fitting it to the RC. it would be better to put the lock screw on the front, you could connect the cable to the CS first, feed it through while sliding the mount into the dovetail receiver, and have a better solution.

- the mount base fits the rubber recesses in the RC arms quite well. the arms do end up bent in a little when fully clamped, I would personally prefer a slightly wider base similar to the mavmount baseplate but it's not bad. the top of the mount does dock up against the bottom of my MP RC well, but it doesn't have the flange of the maxmount so it doesn't feel quite as "locked in". it's not inadequate, just different.

definitely worth buying if you need a quality CS mount, and still better than anything else I am aware of.

Last edited:
mine arrived yesterday, here are some quick snaps:

- the thumbscrews to hold the CS to the mount were rattling around loose in the box, how hard would it have been to poke them into a couple of holes in the foam? they are actually stainless steel cap head bolts pressed into machined thumbscrew heads, how anyone could break one I have no idea. they fit nicely but I have some button head stainless allen screws coming to replace them, I can't see why I need toolless removal of the CS, and it's less clutter around the mount. the mount has a couple of small locating flanges to line up the holes in the CS perfectly.

- the two joint adjuster thumbscrews are REALLY nice. they are captive so you can't lose them, and the joints themselves are spring loaded closed, so they actively snap into position, and the screw just takes the flex out of the joint. the serrations in the stainless toothed washers that index the joints are excellent. they index very well and there is zero chance of slipping.

- the mounting of the stem to the baseplate on mine was done up OK, although I did pop the screw out and refit it with a small smear of blue loctite out of habit. the allen key in the box does not fit, you need a 2.5mm metric. the base of the stem has a lug that keys into a recess on the baseplate to index it, the screw just clamps it in.

- the dovetail on the bottom of the CS mount is cast as part of the mount, the dovetail on the tablet clamp is removable. the included allen key is to remove the dovetail but it also has a coin slot.

- the clamp is not bad, but it's a ratchet lock design, not spring clamped. for me the ideal clamp would have a moveable base for a spring loaded arm, so you still get pressure holding the smart device in place, but the solution would be widely adjustable for width.

- the lock screw for the dovetail mount is also captive, and the jaw doesn't move very much. the screw needs less than 1/2 turn to go from full open to full closed. that does make fitting the dovetail a somewhat precision exercise. doing the lock screw up is a bit of a challenge, the isn't much room to get fingers in there once the mount is fitted to the RC and there's a CS in the way too. I think I'll probably mate the CS to the mount first before fitting it to the RC. it would be better to put the lock screw on the front, you could connect the cable to the CS first, feed it through while sliding the mount into the dovetail receiver, and have a better solution.

- the mount base fits the rubber recesses in the RC arms quite well. the arms do end up bent in a little when fully clamped, I would personally prefer a slightly wider base similar to the mavmount baseplate but it's not bad. the top of the mount does dock up against the bottom of my MP RC well, but it doesn't have the flange of the maxmount so it doesn't feel quite as "locked in". it's not inadequate, just different.

definitely worth buying if you need a quality CS mount, and still better than anything else I am aware of.
NICE.... looks well made...! soo hope your happy with it? mount up ur CS... and snap a pic...

Reactions: Paulf10
Just ordered mine today.

weather has been lousy all weekend, so no further chance to try cables. :( I did get to a bolt supplier and score some nice stainless M5x10 mushroom head screws to replace the thumbscrews.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
weather has been lousy all weekend, so no further chance to try cables. :( I did get to a bolt supplier and score some nice stainless M5x10 mushroom head screws to replace the thumbscrews.

ok cool... i guess u dont like the ones that come with the FlightDeck..these just came in,got these on my CS/mavmount bracket,

Attachments

• 0B4B3935-7F9A-4D13-9786-F9F74057F4D4.jpeg
    0B4B3935-7F9A-4D13-9786-F9F74057F4D4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 9F44B69E-5FE4-49B1-97FA-2A7B58D7FEE9.jpeg
    9F44B69E-5FE4-49B1-97FA-2A7B58D7FEE9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • FDD5D81C-CF77-454C-87F2-12B64D875098.jpeg
    FDD5D81C-CF77-454C-87F2-12B64D875098.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22

post up pics of the C/S mounted up & on ur R/c

Got mine yesterday. It rules. I had the first generation Polar Pro CS Mount and hated the fact that with the 8” CS, I had to use the tool to tighten it.

ok cool... i guess u dont like the ones that come with the FlightDeck..these just came in,got these on my CS/mavmount bracket,

the PP ones are fine, but I just don't see the need for toolless removal when the idea is to be able to leave the monitor mounted to the QD base. they just take up room for no advantage.

I did think about getting a Mavmount base but the lack of a QD is a significant deficiency. the other issue is that I've found the CS 7.85 very heavy in comparison to an iPad mini, soI will want to be able to use a lanyard - and the Mavmount's lanyard mount is a poor solution as it fouls the cable port. the lanyard mount on the Flightdeck mount is close to useless because it provides no balance for the weight. I looked at a transmitter tray but they don't work well with the relatively small RC.

that leaves me with building a mount using the older PP mount and the Phantom bracket, and then I have a non-replaceable cable to worry about.

all of these options suck, and suck hard. I can't believe it's so difficult to find a decent solution.

at this stage I think I'm going to get a Liftthor Sif CS II. the lack of a QD for the monitor is annoying, but it appears to be the least sucky of all of the solutions available.

Finally I can reply after messing around and re-sending my emails and thread’s some kind of glitch just glad to be back

this is what my next mod is gonna be... i just order the CS bracket to mod up my mavmount to look like this setup....IMG_4203.JPG

Please post up some pics of ye CS with the FlightDeck mount too see how it turns out....!View attachment 57602View attachment 57603let me know how you like ur CS... which monitor did u get? i have the UltraBrite model...i updated all the software/firmware versions to
latest but im experiencing DGIGO4 app crashes with my M2Pro...heres a pic of mine with the 5in1 charger & CS to Mavic charger adaptor...

Where did you get the cable between the 5in1 charger and the CS battery charger?

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Reactions: F22loader
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98