DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pp, white balance is off

Reactions
7DF3B33A-D9C7-473D-8AE8-33D3CE30659D.pngB735785F-ADE9-4A66-A2EE-F5C47FAF849E.pngFirst flight earlier, something’s not right about the camera. WB is set to auto but doesn’t adjust, the image is washed out. I’m assuming it’s the wb, because there isn’t a setting that seems to change it.
I had a Spark before and I’d adjust the wb back and forth so I know what the wb should do.
This is what it looks like, pics from files on other phone I use for flying, not good quality but accurate color.
Thoughts?

It's hard to judge from that rubbish copy, what do actual stills look like.
You might try a camera reset from the app.
Are you actually talking about exposure and EV +/- on the scroll wheel RH side?

Reactions: mavicsupersonic
The stills look exactly like that just sharp and focused. It’s just that everything is washed out. The view on my screen from start up to turn off is like that. I’ll check the exposure and try the camera reset.
Ty

First flight earlier, something’s not right about the camera. WB is set to auto but doesn’t adjust, the image is washed out. I’m assuming it’s the wb, because there isn’t a setting that seems to change it.
I had a Spark before and I’d adjust the wb back and forth so I know what the wb should do.
1. It sounds like you don't know what white balance does at all and your assumption is wrong.
This is what white balance does when it's wrong:
i-gNkHxsf-M.png

If your white balance is wrong, the pix will still be properly exposed but the colour will be off.
If your colour is too blue or too yellow, you have a white balance problem.

2. But if you just have washed out over-exposure, the problem is most likely that you have your camera set to overexpose.
Look at the camera data line on screen and check what's showing under EV.
If it's showing a high number like +2.0 or +3.0, dial that back to zero and your live view and images will look a lot better.

Rotate the Right Thumbwheel on the remote controller to adjust your exposure. Its over exposed. Rotate the thumbwheel to and fro until you reach the desired exposure.

Reactions: mavicsupersonic
1. It sounds like you don't know what white balance does at all and your assumption is wrong.
This is what white balance does when it's wrong:
i-gNkHxsf-M.png

If your white balance is wrong, the pix will still be properly exposed but the colour will be off.
If your colour is too blue or too yellow, you have a white balance problem.

2. But if you just have washed out over-exposure, the problem is most likely that you have your camera set to overexpose.
Look at the camera data line on screen and check what's showing under EV.
If it's showing a high number like +2.0 or +3.0, dial that back to zero and your live view and images will look a lot better.

You were correct, it was the exposure. I adjusted it with the dial and numbers and much better. Ty sincerely.

Its a common misconception. That right thumb wheel on the remote controller is invaluable to me when setting up exposure.
Depending on what, if any, post production software you're using you should be able to correct the over exposure during post processing. It's a pain, but at least you can save the shots.

Ty, fortunately those were just a few test shots on the first flight. I’ll still edit pics though, even the good ones but I just use an editing app to enhance them. I don’t really know actual post processing, but might try it. Appreciate it. Happy flying as well.

Depending on what, if any, post production software you're using you should be able to correct the over exposure during post processing. It's a pain, but at least you can save the shots.
You can only correct minor over-exposure.
Once the details are blown out, nothing will bring them back.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22