DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pricing at DJI?!!

I found this interesting- certainly points out the problems we now face by us outsourcing everything for so long:

I couldn't read the whole article because I'm not a subscriber, but I totally get the gist.

Sounds like a machine company in Texas needs to add a shift and maybe get a couple more screw machines.

I certainly am not a machine shop or industrial expert. But I might have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. LOL!

Reactions: AMann
I think POSUS has a lot to do with price hikes from China and many other countries. It doesn't hurt them at all. It hurts the American people. Not to be political but this one back fired on us.

• Angry
Reactions: Blitzkrieg
I think POSUS has a lot to do with price hikes from China and many other countries. It doesn't hurt them at all. It hurts the American people. Not to be political but this one back fired on us.
Because our prez apparently didn’t realize that companies like DJI would just increase U.S. prices to pass the tariff through to the U.S. consumer.

Hi all,

When I was checking DJI today I’ve noticed a significant price increase on all products in the Mavic 2 area (probably everywhere) but raising the price for the M2 pro from $1,499.00 to a stunning $1,729.00 is not heard of.

Also the batteries and accessories.

You cannot even buy 2 drones, they cancel your 2nd order if you do.

Now, is that an early XMas shortage and they adjust prices accordingly or is the M2P leaving the market soon for something else?

Greets,
jAKE
In the UK the M2P is £1349, which at today's exchange rate is $1752. So even at the new price the US are still getting it cheaper than in the UK.

So roughly the US and UK prices are now the same.

In Europe at €1499 is cheapest compared to UK and US prices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-191915.jpeg
    Screenshot_20191020-191915.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: SubseaFlyer
In the UK the M2P is £1349, which at today's exchange rate is $1752. So even at the new price the US are still getting it cheaper than in the UK.

So roughly the US and UK prices are now the same.

In Europe at €1499 is cheapest compared to UK and US prices.

Thank you for putting it into perspective.

I spent a few years working overseas, and I can tell ya that Americans, in general, have no idea how good they have it. I had teachers telling me that all through school, but until you go and LIVE (not vacation) in 2nd and 3rd world countries (and other first world countries, outside the US), you really don't have a clue.

Reactions: Mavic 57
We can whine about a 15% raise in price from the Chinese tariffs, but don't mind the US being ripped off billions and billions every year from the Chinese?
Can you elaborate a little without this turning into a political sham? I'm curious. But also want to keep things in here about drones.

Can you elaborate a little without this turning into a political sham? I'm curious. But also want to keep things in here about drones.

This is about drones because people have been droning on for hours about it. Good luck keeping any politics out of it....as long as the media (all media - social and traditional) keeps bleating on about politics, the populace will repeat what they are told. (IMHO)

BUT....(from as non-political as I can say it) (and I am going to use generalizations and try not to name names...I don't want to get into a hair splitting contest on a drone forum, LOL!).... China, in the last 30-ish years became a manufacturing powerhouse due to the way the government has manipulated the money supply - among other manipulations. Being a communist state, the government there sets generational goals and then executes them...and they are very good at it.

Increasingly (again, IMHO) there has been growing discontent with the trade deficit with China inside the U.S. U.S. leadership has pandered to this discontent for a long time, but recent leadership in the U.S. has publicly acted on this discontent. This was not only because of the trade deficit, but was also brought on due to Chinese intelligence gathering. Both sides accuse the other of intellectual property theft. Who is really stealing technology? Probably everyone. That's how nations work.

And that brings us to where we are today, with both sides imposing tariffs to try and get the other 'in line'.

This was way too short of an answer, and there were A LOT of 'little things' that prodded the situation along, but keeping it as light as I can, that's my view of it. You can get a lot of good information about it just googling around, but do please do look for information that is factually stacked and not personally slanted one way or the other.

If someone wishes to argue with me about it.....please don't....we can all state our opinion without bickering.

I'm really here for the drone talk. Not droning on about politics. Drones are one of my escapes from daily stress....politics - to me - has just added stress daily for about the last 40 years. :)

Very interesting. I appreciate your response as it was clear and did open up a lot of new thoughts.
I try to talk about politics as little as possible as seen through my eyes, the changes "they" make don't change my life much at all. Yes there is a money issue but that always seems true. I too like drones as a relaxing hobby and I love this web site as it gets together like minded people talking about drones.
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: SubseaFlyer
Very interesting. I appreciate your response as it was clear and did open up a lot of new thoughts.
I try to talk about politics as little as possible as seen through my eyes, the changes "they" make don't change my life much at all. Yes there is a money issue but that always seems true. I too like drones as a relaxing hobby and I love this web site as it gets together like minded people talking about drones.
Thank you for sharing.

I could elaborate for hours with facts, but most people wont take the time to verify, let alone do their own research and form educated opinions. " the changes "they" make don't change my life much at all" O but they do. I'm positive they do in many ways. Getting educated on those ways, are what most politicians hope you're no interested in doing, so they have less resistance with party agenda advancement.

Politics will always be a touchy subject for some no doubt, The fact that you might not agree with me, shouldn't make you my enemy. Hope this is not taken as a rant.
Its all good work less fly more.

Reactions: Thanev
Hi all,

When I was checking DJI today I’ve noticed a significant price increase on all products in the Mavic 2 area (probably everywhere) but raising the price for the M2 pro from $1,499.00 to a stunning $1,729.00 is not heard of.

Also the batteries and accessories.

You cannot even buy 2 drones, they cancel your 2nd order if you do.

Now, is that an early XMas shortage and they adjust prices accordingly or is the M2P leaving the market soon for something else?

Greets,
jAKE
i do not know who in the right mind will be buying brand new one like that is you can get a spare M2 body for $450 from ebay, and a zoom camera for $270 from alibaba.
but, to each his own.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I found this interesting- certainly points out the problems we now face by us outsourcing everything for so long:

well, the idea was to 'pull' china into the developed world by boosting their economy with a naive liberal assumption that higher wages and an access to a progressive tech will automatically boost social revolution and it all will bring china into the democratic developed world.
instead, those progressors got now a new communist state enforcing de-facto slavery system on its factories to provide cheap labor to the rest of the world, and that cheap slave labor destroyed all the possible competition in the civilized countries.
it is not only screws - you cannot get anything now - like other month we were at the local brewery and owners were complaining how they cannot buy any stainless steel fermentation tanks as NO ONE is left in the WORLD to make them other than factories in china and prices went up drastically. it is just a sobering wake up call now for all the idiots who let the communist state of china to become 1000x more powerful than old soviet union used to be, and all that just out of the endless greed and absolute sheer stupidity.

I could elaborate for hours with facts, but most people wont take the time to verify, let alone do their own research and form educated opinions. " the changes "they" make don't change my life much at all" O but they do. I'm positive they do in many ways. Getting educated on those ways, are what most politicians hope you're no interested in doing, so they have less resistance with party agenda advancement.

Politics will always be a touchy subject for some no doubt, The fact that you might not agree with me, shouldn't make you my enemy. Hope this is not taken as a rant.
Its all good work less fly more.
It's all good

well, the idea was to 'pull' china into the developed world by boosting their economy with a naive liberal assumption that higher wages and an access to a progressive tech will automatically boost social revolution and it all will bring china into the democratic developed world.
instead, those progressors got now a new communist state enforcing de-facto slavery system on its factories to provide cheap labor to the rest of the world, and that cheap slave labor destroyed all the possible competition in the civilized countries.
it is not only screws - you cannot get anything now - like other month we were at the local brewery and owners were complaining how they cannot buy any stainless steel fermentation tanks as NO ONE is left in the WORLD to make them other than factories in china and prices went up drastically. it is just a sobering wake up call now for all the idiots who let the communist state of china to become 1000x more powerful than old soviet union used to be, and all that just out of the endless greed and absolute sheer stupidity.
in a nutshell, US needs China, China does not need US. This is a slow but steady shift of power from east to west which will hopefully correct itself around the 50/50 mark.
Did you know that in India they have more honour students in the education system than there are total students in the US education system................... Dwell on that for a moment for future implications...

in a nutshell, US needs China, China does not need US. This is a slow but steady shift of power from east to west which will hopefully correct itself around the 50/50 mark.
Did you know that in India they have more honour students in the education system than there are total students in the US education system................... Dwell on that for a moment for future implications...

Well, when you have people who need to study to make it in the world, while their fun is in learning things as a team than going to bars, partying, enjoying video games, going to the mall, etc. more man hours are put into learning proper tasks then that areas should excel more. Meanwhile, people with our without lots of resources and assets die all the time like healthy boxer who died in the fight, like the billionaires who died in helicopter crashes, like the people who die in car accidents all the time, etc. While we are all here, all this matters. If you are VIP enough, Special Operations will rescue you but if you die quick from the millions+ of ways that all exist, metrics seem to make no sense. The world is going off sheer ignorance to make it. As long as people have enough they are good but once things start to get questioned is when people could lose their minds or improve heavily. Think about it, as humans, we can be in nearly Any position in life but why there are different positions is what to unravel and uncover. Eventually, everything would be known but either the world ends prior or everyone gets better by knowing everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13