DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Release: 1.1.4

I remember seeing a post about Apple users receiving an update 1-2 weeks ago, that was probably the 1.1.3 release. So for android users there will not be a 1.1.3 release, it will just skip from .2 to .4.
1.1.3 on iOS was just bug fixes I think, it was a couple of days after 1.1.2
In 1.1.3 on iOS I don't have that extra setting that's mentioned in the notes.

I presume they skipped 1.1.3 for Android to keep the versions in sync with iOS, so I expect 1.1.4 for iOS will be released imminently.

I installed the 85MB apk from APKMirror and as soon as I opened the app the program downloaded about 175MB of additional data...don't remember exactly as it happened kinda fast.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The dji fly app update showed up in the play store after I changed opt out of dji product improvement to opt in. Immediately showed up after that.

Last edited:
June 5, 2020 at 12:07AM #28 about 2 posts above yours...no big thing :rolleyes:
I'm really not following you. I was asked by others to upload the APK ands I did and it is still the one and only one up on the APKMirror site. So are you saying someone else has uploaded besides me? If so, please provide the link to APKMirror.

And here's the email APKMirror sent to me -

Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 1:33:59 AM
To:
Subject: Your upload of DJI Fly 1.1.4 (2044123) is now live on apkmirror.com!

Hi there,

We thought you might like to know that your upload of DJI Fly 1.1.4 (2044123) has gone live at DJI Fly 1.1.4 (2044123) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror.

Thanks for contributing to apkmirror.com

If you didn't receive the confirmation email, your upload has not been posted.

The dji fly app update showed up in the play store after I changed opt out of dji product improvement to opt in. Immediately showed up after that.
I can't get the update. Where do you change the opt in?

I can't get the update. Where do you change the opt in?

It was likely a coincidence. That setting shouldn't have anything to do with the Play Store rollout. If you don't have the update yet you'll have to wait a bit longer or sideload the APK from APKMirror.

Profile>settings>privacy>dji product improvement project

Please report back. I checked the play store, it wasn't there. I changed that setting and then it was there. All within a minute or two. Now, I'm curious.

apple got update last week with gimbal control. Is that in this release?
Interesting that you mention this, on another thread that I had open about the mapping function not working, I happen to download the new version and before I connected my phone to my RC, I did in fact see a whole new section for gimbal control complete with a slider arm that was slid all the way over to the left and something that looked like you could change the value from one and then upwards (it was on number one). I also saw something like a profile named cinesmooth or something like that. I wish I took screenshots. As soon as I connected my phone to my RC and fired up the DJI fly app mysteriously the whole gamble section disappeared. I now also see that the encoding for H. 264 has been removed and only H. 265 remains

Interesting that you mention this, on another thread that I had open about the mapping function not working, I happen to download the new version and before I connected my phone to my RC, I did in fact see a whole new section for gimbal control complete with a slider arm that was slid all the way over to the left and something that looked like you could change the value from one and then upwards (it was on number one). I also saw something like a profile named cinesmooth or something like that. I wish I took screenshots. As soon as I connected my phone to my RC and fired up the DJI fly app mysteriously the whole gamble section disappeared. I now also see that the encoding for H. 264 has been removed and only H. 265 remains
Discussed In detail in another thread

DJI Fly/MA2 will have a major update in Q3

I'm really not following you. I was asked by others to upload the APK ands I did and it is still the one and only one up on the APKMirror site. So are you saying someone else has uploaded besides me? If so, please provide the link to APKMirror.

And here's the email APKMirror sent to me -

Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 1:33:59 AM
To:
Subject:
Your upload of DJI Fly 1.1.4 (2044123) is now live on apkmirror.com!

Hi there,

We thought you might like to know that your upload of DJI Fly 1.1.4 (2044123) has gone live at DJI Fly 1.1.4 (2044123) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror.

Thanks for contributing to apkmirror.com

If you didn't receive the confirmation email, your upload has not been posted.
I didn't upload the apk, folks were looking for the link and I merely provided it. Then a bit over an hour later you posted the same link, that's all. For all I know you uploaded it, don't know and don't care. Just trying to help folks out.

The only one I see is the one I uploaded last night - " Uploaded June 5, 2020 at 1:33AM EDT by Pappy "
I see the confusion, it's in my wording. "Didn't my upload work?" The word "upload" was used to mean the link I uploaded to the forum not to the APKMirror. I'm not into uploading apk's. Didn't mean to start a beef. Peace.

It was updated three days ago in a Google store in UK

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200606_122449_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606_122449_com.android.vending.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20200606_122455_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606_122455_com.android.vending.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20200606_122501_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606_122501_com.android.vending.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: