DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW RELEASE! Portable Charging Station for Mavic - DroneMax M10

Say hello to the all new DroneMax M10, a portable charging station specifically designed for DJI Mavic Pro owners. Keep your batteries charging while on the go! The DroneMax has been engineered for Mavic Batteries and is the latest addition to the DroneMax lineup and the World's 1st Portable Drone Battery Charging Station!
Looks like a nice unit but its not for me. When I walk out of the house I have three fully charged batteries with me. For this to be useful to me it would need to at least double the number of charges it can support. As was mentioned earlier, for just a few dollars more I could buy and charge two additional batteries to take with me flying. Good concept, keep working on it.

Reactions: Advexure
How is this any better than the fslabs blue battery floating around out there that does the same thing, charges more batteries, is smaller and only costs $40?

Last edited:
Looks like a nice unit but its not for me. When I walk out of the house I have three fully charged batteries with me. For this to be useful to me it would need to at least double the number of charges it can support. As was mentioned earlier, for just a few dollars more I could buy and charge two additional batteries to take with me flying. Good concept, keep working on it.

Fully understand, M10 has had a strong appeal to action-goers and as we see it, backpack adventurers. DroneMax's M10 and A40 lines have been quite popular and we're definitely looking forward to see how they evolve with their R&D and product offerings.

How is this any better than the fslabs blue battery floating around out there that does the same thing, charges more batteries, is smaller and only costs $40?

Not familiar with this solution...

@Ursus Horribilis Would you mind sharing some additional information on where this information was sourced? We also have not heard of this information and have been charging Mavic RC's since last October with power supplies other than the DJI charger without issue. More information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

It will be fine, the only issue is charging the RC while it's in use as the fuel gauge can not account for the current going in and out at the same time and will fall out of calibration.

The Mavic RC is USB compliant and as such can be charged by any USB charger that confirms to all the usual USB standards.

That charger loos a nice looking bit of kit and I can see the appeal for mobile users especially over the Mavic car charger as that needs the engine running and can not be used with a 12v battery alone as it must have 13v minimum.

Cool.

Reactions: Advexure
That charger loos a nice looking bit of kit and I can see the appeal for mobile users especially over the Mavic car charger as that needs the engine running and can not be used with a 12v battery alone as it must have 13v minimum.

Cool.

Energen (the manufacturer of DroneMax) has significant experience in the charging environment and we're really looking forward to see how they progress in their offerings for the drone industry. The whole industry has been looking for high quality and reliable portable charging stations for years and it's great to see Energen investing R&D specifically into drone charging solutions.

Very high quality, fantastic support, pristine packaging and material usage for their products.

Attached is my solution to this problem. It consists of a deep cycle marine battery and power inverter (and charger to charge the marine battery, not shown here).

At probably about 50 lbs., it's definitely not portable unless you have a car, but if you are based out of a car while travelling, or out of a fixed base camp (and don't need to fly to get to your base location), it's the ultimate solution. The capacity of this setup is about 4-5 times that of even the larger of the DroneMax products. It's also cheaper than the larger DroneMax, at about $250 in total.

I use this when I go on road trips where I'll be doing lots of camping, or just for general car camping.

Attachments

• 20170629_200946-01.jpg
    20170629_200946-01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: Alloy and Advexure
Attached is my solution to this problem. It consists of a deep cycle marine battery and power inverter (and charger to charge the marine battery, not shown here).

At probably about 50 lbs., it's definitely not portable unless you have a car, but if you are based out of a car while travelling, or out of a fixed base camp (and don't need to fly to get to your base location), it's the ultimate solution. The capacity of this setup is about 4-5 times that of even the larger of the DroneMax products. It's also cheaper than the larger DroneMax, at about $250 in total.

I use this when I go on road trips where I'll be doing lots of camping, or just for general car camping.

Nice solution Thumbswayup

Excellent idea and execution. Ur a beast John.

can you attach a solar panel to this to recharge it?

You could but it would be expensive and probably not worth it unless you are going off grid for a month.

I was off grid in Nepal for 15 days and was fine with 3 batteries and the M10. I had more power than I needed even when flying daily. The M10 recharges all 3 batteries from 30% to 95%. So I could get almost 2 hours of flying time. And that was before the new props came out.

It would be around the same cost to buy a solar panel as another M10. But that said you could use it for other things later on.

You could but it would be expensive and probably not worth it unless you are going off grid for a month.

I was off grid in Nepal for 15 days and was fine with 3 batteries and the M10. I had more power than I needed even when flying daily. The M10 recharges all 3 batteries from 30% to 95%. So I could get almost 2 hours of flying time. And that was before the new props came out.

It would be around the same cost to buy a solar panel as another M10. But that said you could use it for other things later on.

How did you charge the M10 if you were off grid for 15 days?

I see no mention of this device being able to charge the Remote Controller without damaging the accumulator. What's the point of having the ability to charge numerous batteries if it won't charge the remote controller?

DJI specifically notes that using anything other than their dedicated charging block to charge the remote could damage the accumulator.

Perhaps I missed something?

Bud
I have NEVER once charged ANY of my controllers with any DJI Product... I have had no issues 2 years and counting. please post where you saw this.... otherwise its false

Sorry for bringing up this topic again: can M10 be charged with a solar panel? We are going for a month long kayaking expedition in south Greenland, which means totally off grid for four weeks. We will carry either a Suaoki or AllPowers 60w solar panel anyway. Just wondering if we can charge M10 with this panel. Or we need to do some modifications to it in order to charge the M10. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Your solution make slots of sense. My truck has a built in inverter, and two 120v outlets... I just take my home charger along, and plug it in, no need to run the engine, as there seems to be plenty of power available from the battery.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom