DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New resource for where to fly....

droneing

Reactions
I have noticed on many forums (including this one) that pilots are posting for help on safe places to fly in particular areas, whether it’s where they live or where they are going.

This had led me to build a website resource dedicated to safe and legal places to fly our drones.

Simply, the main design is to have all the safe sites visually on one google map, click on the dots and info pops up.

I am still under construction but I would appreciate feedback/comments and if any fellow pilots have an interest in becoming a founder member and author of the website.

Basically, am I wasting my time or not with the basic concept?

The site can be accessed at:

www.geodrone.xyz

Posting this in the UK section initially to get some feedback....

I hope I am not contravening any forum rules by posting this.

I am just trying to improve our combined knowledge of our amazing hobby!

Reactions: DC9_BOB
Thanks for the encouraging posts.....
The site is not quite ready to receive members and postings yet but it will not be long.
I will post when ready.....
This looks great - just what I'm looking for.

Can't find the app on Android's Google play store. Is it available?
Try Drone zones - might be the website was called Where to fly in the UK. Its blue with a landing pad target, tick above and a drone - and Polar Pro, have you got that - comes highly recommended by a pro here, Ikopter think his name is, also on YT and very good, worth watching and subbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadieMunky
Try Drone zones - might be the website was called Where to fly in the UK. Its blue with a landing pad target, tick above and a drone - and Polar Pro, have you got that - comes highly recommended by a pro here, Ikopter think his name is, also on YT and very good, worth watching and subbing.
Thanks, found it, looks pretty good so far :)

Reactions: FL1H1
I have noticed on many forums (including this one) that pilots are posting for help on safe places to fly in particular areas, whether it’s where they live or where they are going.

This had led me to build a website resource dedicated to safe and legal places to fly our drones.

Simply, the main design is to have all the safe sites visually on one google map, click on the dots and info pops up.

I am still under construction but I would appreciate feedback/comments and if any fellow pilots have an interest in becoming a founder member and author of the website.

Basically, am I wasting my time or not with the basic concept?

The site can be accessed at:

www.geodrone.xyz

Posting this in the UK section initially to get some feedback....

I hope I am not contravening any forum rules by posting this.

I am just trying to improve our combined knowledge of our amazing hobby!
Good idea . It'll be more than welcome for every new pilot [emoji4]

I myself simply use public footpaths and to date I've never really done this - we're lucky in the UK that they are everywhere, and I've now discovered them going through wheat fields only the public footpath isn't sown so it remains clear. The thing you have to watch is that whilst a site can be deemed a safe site normally, it may not always be so - I didn't always check NATS Drone Assist for flying in my local area because its outside a NFZ. However, one weekend I decided to check a new area to have it default to my normal local location all showing red and I was like huh? Its never red - well, it was one Saturday morning for fly pasts and an airshow, only for a few hours but for a few hours it was classed a temporary NFZ and so were many other places for the same reason - airshows and fly overs so you'll have to be a bit careful as what might normally be a good safe area might not always be so all the time.

As you currently have a low number of submissions - can I suggest adding a few yourself from known sources to get the ball rolling :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor