DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New rules

What did we lose? Got a link?

I glanced at the article, there are no new rules, and we didn't lose anything? He wanted an exemptions for hobbyist, aka avoiding the drone registration $5 and not be governed by FAA rules, honestly that's never going to work. Strictness of where you can or cannot fly aside, having a drone registration gives hobbyists more legitimacy when flying IMO.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
I glanced at the article, there are no new rules, and we didn't lose anything? He wanted an exemptions for hobbyist, aka avoiding the drone registration $5 and not be governed by FAA rules, honestly that's never going to work. Strictness of where you can or cannot fly aside, having a drone registration gives hobbyists more legitimacy when flying IMO.

You're correct. There are no new rules. Yet... But they're coming. This judicial ruling paved the way for the FAA to mandate rules for recreational fliers, something they've been itching to do for quite a while now. This ruling simply said that Section 336 does not insulate recreational fliers from regulatory actions by the FAA. In other words, the door is open (the registration database part was only the FAA peeking inside that door). Now the FAA will walk through the door and we're in for a whole new world of rules and regulations soon.

The door is no more open than it was. I don't think the FAA really wants to be riding herd on the thousands of hobby drones out there. They have their hands quite full as it is. But if we get a bad enough reputation from the few bad apples, congress may change everything to garner votes. Anything rather than tackle the hard issues that really matter. "No, we didn't fix social security, health care, immigration, or the medical system, but we sure took care of those drone hooligans."

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000