DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New rules???

SAC89

Reactions
I know a new year is right around the corner, surely with new rules and regulations, but have I missed some recent regulation changes?

I am seeing a ton of photos and videos from drones on a number of platforms that are at night, over congested areas, highways, a few you can see they are within 5 miles of airports (most likely without any authorizations and probably did not call the airport authority advising of the flight), flying through and over fog and clouds, clearly losing the line of sight.
It seems as though I am in the minority, one that follows the rules and regulations. I get the approvals and waivers and notify the local airport prior to flying my drone. I keep my drone in sight at all times and don’t cross over highways with moving vehicles on it.

Did things change? Are these scenarios now legal? What did I miss?

Just wonderin...

Did things change? Are these scenarios now legal? What did I miss?

Just wonderin...

Nothing changed. Just a lot of people violating the rules out there. In my experience, certain communities online almost seem to encourage it and get very angry when the rules are brought up.

There are above cloud/fog videos here and there from people who are above those conditions as on the mountain side watching the fog roll in just under them. The ones above the fog are not breaking any rules, so you need to differentiate between those legally doing that and those who are breaking the law. There are plenty of each category I know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs