DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW SC update

I have tried and failed numerous times today to update the SC firmware which is two updates behind. I have tried usb2/3, different computers, standing on my head, etc. The update gets to the second stage and then says failed to update. Any suggestions? I currently have 1.00.0530 I also can't figure out how to upgrade the go 4 app! What a infuriating process. I have tried using the latest version of DJI ASsnt 2 for Mavic and using the wireless on the controller to connect to my network. No joy!
This may or may not work and you may already be doing it.

I change the timeout display of the SC using its Main Settings/display, to the maximum timeout. Then I do also try tapping the screen anyway to keep it connected and on. Try a different usb port. I tend to doubt standing on you head will help but with DJI you never know.

This may or may not work and you may already be doing it.

I change the timeout display of the SC using its Main Settings/display, to the maximum timeout. Then I do also try tapping the screen anyway to keep it connected and on. Try a different usb port. I tend to doubt standing on you head will help but with DJI you never know.
I did get the upgrade to work by using the internal memory as primary and not the SD card. I think that was the key and I did it wirelessly. Thanks.

Reactions: ff22
Updated via Wifi, all good. Also got the .36 GoApp offered.

Will fly soon.

Is there a newer and older Version of this .700 update, like last time where DJI released 3 updates with the same update numbers?

Looks like for some of us the early January SC update fiasco of 3 issues of the update being trotted out in as many days is repeated again now. Unlike last time the SC did not pop up suggesting a firmware update.

Looks like some have had no issues others like me a fail.

All my stuff has been in store during UK lock-down and poor weather since mid January just taken out to check batteries. Spent all day charging and checking everything and seeing if there were any needed updates. Mavic 2 Pro and Air were OK.

Using Assistant 2 latest repeated updates of the SC failed despite download and transfer seemingly OK. The actual final stage of the update gets to 1% flashes some Chinese characters and loops round again with SC asking if I want to do the update again. Once would nice! Assistant 2 on PC registers 1% and a fail with the helpful error code 0.00!

Doubt the update is crucial for me so will ignore it. Removed SD card and prevented sleep or close down so those potential thorns removed.

Problem Solved!

I had the SC still connected via USB to the PC but Assistant 2 closed. I suppose I should have disconnected it but it was charging at low power and I forgot it was there!

However decided to have a look and see if there was an update notification on the SC. There wasn't but there was a notification that USB debugging was running and that the SC was set to use USB for charging. Previously there had been a notification that GO 4.3.36 was available and I had in fact successfully done that update via the SC so that notification had gone.
I disabled USB debugging and that automatically disabled charging as both notifications disappeared..

I had a look in system settings to see if there was a sniff of a firmware update. There was but when I selected it a message to the effect that an update had failed because not logged in and to login to GO 4. Anyway logged in to my DJI account with email/password and the update was then allowed.

It downloaded to the SC which had plenty of battery and space. This comes in a few parts. Download to SC then setting up the update which takes a while and there was a pronged hiatus of many minutes at 16%. Then it hurried up and at 98% another extended wait. At that point it is checking the prepared firmware update is OK. When check is successful it reboots and then actually does the final install which is just a couple of minutes.

Update done! GO 4 opens with a warning that it is slow battery charging as the DJI standard power connection is not being used. Indeed it was actually connected to my laptop so SC thought it was there for charging. So it looks like, but I forgot to check, that USB debugging and USB connection default is for charging and both seem enabled after the update.

So eventually update achieved when being logged on to my account seemed to be a factor. When it failed via Assistant I was in fact logged on there.

Hope this helps. Worth switching off USB debugging and being logged on to your DJI account if you have issues.

Unlike the January problems where I couldn't update via the SC only via Assistant and that story is nearly a small book! Other way round this time.

The problem in january was, that they released 3 updates with the same number. So if you installed the first one, you wouldnt get the following updates, because the SC thinks your up to date. You had to use the assistant to force the newest update. But some people, including me, suddenly had problems with SC and the assistant. My solution was to use an old mac.

I will check soon if there is a "newer" update with this .700 firmware.
In the moment, my SC firmware is from 24th of April 2020.
You could check yours too, if its the same now.
Info is under "about this phone"

The problem in january was, that they released 3 updates with the same number. So if you installed the first one, you wouldnt get the following updates, because the SC thinks your up to date. You had to use the assistant to force the newest update. But some people, including me, suddenly had problems with SC and the assistant. My solution was to use an old mac.

I will check soon if there is a "newer" update with this .700 firmware.
In the moment, my SC firmware is from 24th of April 2020.
You could check yours too, if its the same now.
Info is under "about this phone"

The January problem was that the first 2 releases had issues. Even though they issued 3 different releases with the same numbers this was not actually the root problem at least for many maybe not yourself @Checki . After the first failed install Assistant (for many people myself included) wouldn't recognise the SC at all on PC or Mac, old or new. I tried on multiple PCs and 2 Mac's and the SC could not be recognised by Assistant. Attempting update from the SC gave failure loop.

You can only recover to a previous firmware version via Assistant not via the SC without a factory reset which many did. Many were stuck with a repeated loop of being offered an update which was guaranteed to fail. For some there was no issue.

Even then it was update release 3 before a working fix was produced. Even that was useless without a reset as if Assistant can't see the SC then you are stuck.

My issue occurred yesterday and was resolved as detailed later in the day so there was no possibility of same numbering on this occasion. My version earlier today was the 3rd January one and as reported am now at .700 version.

3rd January makes no sense, that sounds like the firmware before 700!

I still can't connect to my PC, but I don't care even more. I could always update over the air.
And if something is wrong, I just use my old dusty mac.

I just hope that when the update for support of the SC with Air2 is released that DJI offers the Air2 as a stand alone purchase. I neither need nor want the controller that comes with the Air2 but I do want to have an Air2 to keep my Zoom company. I purchased the Zoom bundled with the SC anticipating future DJI products would work with SC.

Reactions: maurotandoi
We all know the SC has an outdated and not powerful processor, same for android (version 7).
Thats not future proof at all...

Successful, painless upgrade to .700 over Wifi.
Unlike the last release fiasco of multiple, same-named updates that mucked everything up.
I did wait a few weeks before updating though, just in case. ?

Date: 2020.04.26
Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0700
DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.36
DJI Pilot App: v1.7.2
DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.10

Updated ok with Assistant 2 but where is this GO4 .36 version, still shows .32
And now my DJI Lab is missing, only some Chinese letters there that do nothing when clicked on
the Assistant- 2 new firmware on 8/5/20 is V.1.00.214

I just hope that when the update for support of the SC with Air2 is released that DJI offers the Air2 as a stand alone purchase. I neither need nor want the controller that comes with the Air2 but I do want to have an Air2 to keep my Zoom company. I purchased the Zoom bundled with the SC anticipating future DJI products would work with SC.
I have a bad feeling that the current SC will not work with MA2. I think they are going to release an SC with a 64 bit processor.
As I said feeling. Hope I am wrong.

I just purchase the smart controller hoping will work with the Mavic Air 2. But I will tell you something. The smart controller struggle recording the screen and taking video at the same time, on my Mavic 2 Pro. Needs more processing power obviously.

I personally don’t think will be able to handle the 60 FPS@4K + screen recording at the same time from the Mavic Air 2.

Yes it does but the screen looks laggy when does, fezzeing for for millisecond and looks jumping when record videos to the cache and you record the screen at the same time.

it seem to too much processing for the CPU.

The smart controller is not recording the best quality footage from your drone now. The best footage is on the sd card in the drone itself. The SC is for controlling, and displaying video and telemetry of the the drone. The fact you have the ability to record the screen is no different than using the regular controller and a phone then recording it on there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima