DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW SC update

Reactions: gppms
DJI has already confirmed a forthcoming update for the Smart Controller for compatibility with the new Mavic Air 2.
Just a side note... DJI also announced the P4PV2 will be compatible with the SC. That was somewhere in November 2018 - the SC firmware update that finally supported the P4P was released on April 26th, 2020.

With DJI, you must accept a lengthy time frame (Units = Years) that something is done properly.
I hope I am wrong this time.

Reactions: Bernd2019
I Updated using WiFi, didn't have to use the Assistant APP.
Are most of you using the assistant or WiFi?
Works Fine with Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Enterprise, and P4P2V, I also have DJI Pilot on this and it still works after the Go4 update.

Just a side note... DJI also announced the P4PV2 will be compatible with the SC. That was somewhere in November 2018 - the SC firmware update that finally supported the P4P was released on April 26th, 2020.

With DJI, you must accept a lengthy time frame (Units = Years) that something is done properly.
I hope I am wrong this time.

I would Lean on (that the Beta version for P4P V2) was available and worked but still a little buggy back in late 2019. The New Mavic Air 2 was far into design by then and in the fire is the Remote ID by the FAA. If they are releasing a New compatible drone with some different features that may conflict integration. In Software development parts may have to be re written to fit all the different flight systems in operational order. They Could use the same Hardware (Occusync) Over the Air control and have multiple APPs, but they are trying to keep it simplified. (example Go4 and the Pilot App)

Can someone who had updated take a pic of their DJI Labs screen in the settings? Still trying to figure out what my Chinese line is. Thanks in advance.
e25f49f37d9083c10746cfb3668f36e6.jpg
bb920bcc58ab612febaabb941cd30f59.jpg

Last edited:
Attached id the release notes in a PDF
Mine is in Chinese also, I Know that there is a Chinese only web sight/app that has been in share with Facebook, and YouTube
Mine is not selected, as your is..

Update, Found the Translation go to this page your answer found here

Attachments

• DJI_Smart_Controller_Release_Notes_EN_20200423.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: Hegemone
The quick settIngs shortcut (simultaneously pressing return button and toggle down on 5D button) went away with the new update.

How do I access the QR code on the SC to access GoShare using DJI Go4 on my iPad or iPhone?

Attachments

• 85B97103-E342-4967-A9EB-0402074832F0.jpeg
    85B97103-E342-4967-A9EB-0402074832F0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I have tried and failed numerous times today to update the SC firmware which is two updates behind. I have tried usb2/3, different computers, standing on my head, etc. The update gets to the second stage and then says failed to update. Any suggestions? I currently have 1.00.0530 I also can't figure out how to upgrade the go 4 app! What a infuriating process. I have tried using the latest version of DJI ASsnt 2 for Mavic and using the wireless on the controller to connect to my network. No joy!

I Updated using WiFi, didn't have to use the Assistant APP.
Are most of you using the assistant or WiFi?
Works Fine with Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Enterprise, and P4P2V, I also have DJI Pilot on this and it still works after the Go4 update.
Doesn't work fine for me. See my post in this thread.

Last edited:
Updated fine on WiFi, but took awhile. But The quick settings shortcut went away after the update. See my previous post.

Reactions: TampaTC
Updated fine on WiFi, but took awhile. But The quick settings shortcut went away after the update. See my previous post.
If you are responding to my post, that's great it worked for you on wifi but that doesn't do anything for me. Any ideas? Read my post.

I have tried and failed numerous times today to update the SC firmware which is two updates behind. I have tried usb2/3, different computers, standing on my head, etc. The update gets to the second stage and then says failed to update. Any suggestions? I currently have 1.00.0530 I also can't figure out how to upgrade the go 4 app! What a infuriating process. I have tried using the latest version of DJI ASsnt 2 for Mavic and using the wireless on the controller to connect to my network. No joy!

Have u tried to do a Factory reset of the SC? Then update/relink to AC?

Rangerider when I did the previous update I tried 8 times before it worked. Each time it would get to 99% and fail. On the eighth time I did nothing different and it worked. With the latest update it worked on the third time. On both occasions I was using Assistant. My only advice is if your computer is using wifi try plugging it in directly to the router if you don't already have a hard-wired connection. I know its frustrating but hang in there it will work.....

Have u tried to do a Factory reset of the SC? Then update/relink to AC?
Not yet but will try that tomorrow to see if that works. Thanks.

Rangerider when I did the previous update I tried 8 times before it worked. Each time it would get to 99% and fail. On the eighth time I did nothing different and it worked. With the latest update it worked on the third time. On both occasions I was using Assistant. My only advice is if your computer is using wifi try plugging it in directly to the router if you don't already have a hard-wired connection. I know its frustrating but hang in there it will work.....
I have tied about 6 times so far and each time takes over 30 mins to download. I am using a hard wire connection to my router using Assistnt 2 through a desktop using windows 10. there is obviously a problem with the DJI update system since it seems many others are having similar frustrating experiences. I will try again tomorrow since today I gave up on it. I think the Chinese enjoy making us suffer and possibly they have a bug in place for us? Thanks for your suggestion. 9th time is the charm?

Wow! I haven't touched my M2P/SC for a couple of months.
Turned on the SC by itself (no Mavic connected, not connected to PC DJI Assistant), Wifi was already turned on, and it immediately asked me if I wanred to update firmware. Went out and made a coffee, came back and it was installing.
Waited a few more minutes and Voila! Everything is updated to all the latest versions.
This is how good software should work.
For those experiencing troubles look at the bottom of the pages suggestions in the the support notes pdf from the download link earlier in this thread.
Thanks. Sounds like your smart controller is smarter than mine. Does it turn on your coffee maker? Maybe I should trade mine in for one like yours?
The notes you may be referring to at the bottom of each previous update page are not included with the latest update. They are mentioned for previous updates but not included for the latest. If one bothered to read each previous update Release note then it might be beneficial such as removing the SD card and changing the designation of the SD card memory to Portable Storage? BTW, that note goes back to the update RElease Notes from Jan 2019 several revisions previous. Since those notes are not mentioned in the latest revision why would anyone assume they need to be complied with in order to get a seamless upgrade? Better still, why would DJI not include that in the latest Release Notes and also on the DJI Assistant 2 firmware upgrade instructions? I'll try them tomorrow after sleeping on whether or not to try another attempt at upgrading and wasting more time.

I really feel for you Rangerider. I know how frustrating this can be. The whole computer world is guilty of overly complex systems, and for people that already work within it, not for the masses like us. That's why my good experience post.
You're correct about the current release notes.

BTW even though my SC is amazing, I still get far, far more range out of my MP1, which probably means my SC possibly is substandard(??). I was flying outback Australia to test this, I think there was one tree 279.5 miles away :)
Now if I can just get my head around HLG so I can take advantage of the feature I actually bought the MP 2 for........ ;/
I've decided to skip the firmware upgrade. Everything works so why bother especially with all the wasted time in repeating upgrades that stop at 99%? I don't want to try the factory reset option as that has risks that I don't want to take either. I don't see the gain in the upgrade and there are so many problems with upgrading that I don't want to waste any more time on this. Please, if you read this, don't respond with how easy your upgrade went and gloat about it.

Reactions: Oglo
Okay I couldn't help myself not knowing what the reason was for the Failed upgrades on my M2P so I took someone's suggestion and made the SC onboard memory the primary storage and not the SD memory card. It worked! I even did it wirelessly. Thanks for the suggestions as otherwise I would not have gotten it done. I have to ask myself one question. Was it worth it? We'll see. I will test the system out and decide if it really was worth it. DJI could make this whole process much easier by putting complete instructions on how to avoid the 99% Fail messages. Come on DJI, just do it.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada