DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Tablet.

Good afternoon,
Does it support waypoints? I have to do a lot of training on irrigation channels with my MM2 before the University will let me get my hands on their Phantom 4 with Multi-spectral camera. So I need an app to plot channel sides and bends as waypoints.
Thanks
Neville Queensland Australia

I don't believe the Litchi currently supports the MM2 only the MM1, DJI hasn't released the MM2 sdk yet.
Also way points are not currently available with the MM1 and MA2 version of Litchi.

See one of my previous posts to do with compass sensors. If your Galaxy A7 does not have a compass sensor, the compass function on DJI fly won't work. You need to go by the actual A7 model number and not just the device name. The model number can be found on the back or bottom of the device. Different model numbers have different specs because depending on their intended market, they change the hardware but keep the name.

You'll probably be ok but worth looking into. I bought an A 10 because the spec said it had a compass, but turned out not in the Asia Pacific region or many other parts of the world.

Also, check its cellular as wifi only units can give compass readings that are out by several metres or feet, important if you use litchi or dronelink, or find my drone. For me, this resulted in a collision with a tree. When checked against a cellular unit, the wifi unit was initially way out by around 30 metres.

If you go with Wifi only, check the map accuracy against a cellular device to gain confidence in its accuracy. You may well be ok but the extra time is worth it.

Finally, if you find glare a problem, you can get really good matte screen protectors from these guys. You may have to travel but their screen protectors are the best you can buy, I have them fitted to all my devices.

Mobile Outfitters UK - Custom Mobile Phone & Tablet Covers (moutfitters.co.uk)

Happy flying with your new device.
Hi I have just been reading your post about compass censors. I nearly bought a galaxy tab S6 Lite today that does not have a compass or cellular, not knowing about this. I now need to change my search. To get the high accuracy does a sim card need to be fitted for the cellular part to work. Thanks

Hi I have just been reading your post about compass censors. I nearly bought a galaxy tab S6 Lite today that does not have a compass or cellular, not knowing about this. I now need to change my search. To get the high accuracy does a sim card need to be fitted for the cellular part to work. Thanks
Unfortunately yes. Having said that, and depending on where you live, many ISPs will sell data only sims for a modest monthly fee. It does not need 10s gigs data allowance per month. If its within your budget, the real way to go is an Ipad device. Mine is a mini cellular. I am not an apple fan but their ipads are the best and most used for drone flying as android devices vary too much in specs (across regions) and accuracy to be worth the search effort, even (especially) Samsung

Also, due to the wiring configuration of the Android device connector, they use the controller as a power source, draining the controller. A controller connected to an Apple device should last 7-8 hours between charges. Connected to an android you are looking at 2.5 hours. This cannot be turned off as it is inherent in the wiring of Android devices and not a bug or design fault.

My device is an ipad mini 5 cellular purchased specifically for Drone flying, but a refurbed 4 will do the job. The 5 has auto compass calibration so the device compass never needs calibrating (one less thing to worry about).

Hope this helps you time save time, money and get more enjoyment out of the hobby.

Unfortunately yes. Having said that, and depending on where you live, many ISPs will sell data only sims for a modest monthly fee. It does not need 10s gigs data allowance per month. If its within your budget, the real way to go is an Ipad device. Mine is a mini cellular. I am not an apple fan but their ipads are the best and most used for drone flying as android devices vary too much in specs (across regions) and accuracy to be worth the search effort, even (especially) Samsung

Also, due to the wiring configuration of the Android device connector, they use the controller as a power source, draining the controller. A controller connected to an Apple device should last 7-8 hours between charges. Connected to an android you are looking at 2.5 hours. This cannot be turned off as it is inherent in the wiring of Android devices and not a bug or design fault.

My device is an ipad mini 5 cellular purchased specifically for Drone flying, but a refurbed 4 will do the job. The 5 has auto compass calibration so the device compass never needs calibrating (one less thing to worry about).

Hope this helps you time save time, money and get more enjoyment out of the hobby.
Many thanks for that, a great explanationThumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929