DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to be Mavic owner

JonD

Reactions
Hello All,

Looking to pick up a Mavic over the next few weeks. There seems to be quite a price difference between the pro and the platinum, from what i can see the differences are;

Colour
Props
Additional flight time (possibly down to new more efficient props)

Is there anything else between them?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Yep. The ESC is different also, further reducing the noise level slightly and slightly increasing flight time. MP is rated for 27 minutes, MPP is rated for 30.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

The Mavic Pro Platinum has upgraded ESCs. That's what allows it to fly for a few extra minutes.

Hello All,

Looking to pick up a Mavic over the next few weeks. There seems to be quite a price difference between the pro and the platinum, from what i can see the differences are;

Colour
Props
Additional flight time (possibly down to new more efficient props)

Thanks
Howdy from Wyoming Jones, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. The Mavic Pro Platinum also has a new ESC (electric controller?) that helps it fly more efficiently.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome.

And the info, hadn’t realised they also has different esc’s......

I’m in the UK, South Manchester on the border of Cheshire.

Are there any must have accessories that should be considered?

Also what software do people use to edit the videos.

Last edited:
Whether you choose the Mavic Pro or the MP platinum just make sure to get the DJI refresh for your bird, the best $100 you will ever invest in your man toy. The difference between the 2 isn't really noticible, it' not as Ferrari vs Dodge debate. Your more than likely going to put a skin on your bird and the "platinum" color will be hidden either way. If you check out he Evine website it also gives the best buying option I've seen anywhere. Either choice will be a good one but the 3 minutes extra in fight time aren't worth any extra investment, 3 minutes... Really..... And the whole quieter flight theory also makes me laugh, are u a peeping Tom trying to stay a little more incognito. The bird doesn' make that much noise to begin with, let's be serious...

Reactions: JonD
Collected my MPP fly more combo today :D

Great bit of kit, now time to get reading.......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo