DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to dgi - new Air 2 S - with Smart Controller - question regarding not being able to use Go 4 app.

How is it helping?
Honestly haven't had time to test it yet...... I am really hoping to smooth out my turns. Its been very difficult with the Fly app up to now.

when you set the expo values all it does is to delay the drones response to a given stick input,by making that response a gradual one, in relation to how far from center the stick has moved,so it enables a smoother transition from no stick input to maximum stick input,in any given axis,its best to start off with small adjustments to the values till you find one that suits your style of flying

Honestly haven't had time to test it yet...... I am really hoping to smooth out my turns. Its been very difficult with the Fly app up to now.
when you set the expo values all it does is to delay the drones response to a given stick input,by making that response a gradual one, in relation to how far from center the stick has moved,so it enables a smoother transition from no stick input to maximum stick input,in any given axis,its best to start off with small adjustments to the values till you find one that suits your style of flying
I see. Even with the M2 I found EXP to be a little clumsy. I did like the way DJI employed the yaw and gimbal responses both in settings and results. I tried doing some testing indoors yesterday, much in Atti mode and wasn't all that happy with the results. Too much delay to be accurate, even in the Cine mode, maybe even worse than before. But I did have one incident where I applied a hair too much stick and the Mini 2 shot up to the ceiling. Luckily I had prop guards on so no damage or careening off the ceiling to the floor. I dunno... I still much prefer the M2's Tripod mode.

@vindibona1 ,what you described can be an issue with altering the settings ,as you found out ,thats why it takes a few goes to find one that fits the bill for you ,just alter one of the settings at a time till you find the sweet spot ,and then move on to the next one and so on,if you look at the settings that are shown in the different modes ,you will notice that they change depending on which flight mode you are in

Reactions: vindibona1
I am beyond disappointed with DJI on both the Smart Controller and the Air 2S. I have used DJI Go 4 for flight plans and autonomous aerial mapping. I bought both and they seem worthless in what I try to do with drones. Now I have a couple of very expensive paper weights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21