DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drone flying

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. šŸ‘

Good morning Johnno53, (here, in London Ont Canada, it's 9:10 AM)
I suppose if I used the same styled 'handle', I'd be Johnno49. LOL
I have had a Mini for about one year now with no calamities.
My thoughts for you, are to take it easy and slow. Forget videoing until you get truly comfortable with the controls and THAT is key.
Remember, a drone is essentially stupid (like a computer). It will do exactly as you instruct it, nothing more, nothing less. You have to think for it. Be aware of obstacles, winds (both near ground and at height), potential bird conflict (not common but possible).
Keep an eye on battery capacity.
I have had a great time with my Mini and done some farm-harvest videos for friends. Worked out well.
Have fun bud!
Thank you for the advice, especially the bit about learning to fly before worrying about video. Looking forward to getting out a bit more, hoping to travel across the Nullarbor, Sydney to Perth, about 4000 klms, with caravan in tow. Plenty of open space šŸ˜€. Should be able to play a bit there without worrying about hitting anything šŸ˜†

Hello from Minnesota U.S.A. and welcome to the Forum...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safe and always Fly smart...VLOS always.

Hi from Sydney Australia,
Newby to Drones, recently purchased a Mini 2 and taking baby steps learning to fly.
Joined to gain knowledge from some like minded experienced flyers
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851