DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drone

dylanedurr92

Reactions
Hey guys. I'm having two issues. I just bought the drone yesterday : Mavic Mini.

1) drone announcer says battery is low and will return to home.Battery is fully charged and just took off.

2) i set my RTH to highest distance, set distance to max also the altitude is maxed.... For some reason it will only go to 99ft and only about a few hundred feet, sometimes more and sometimes less.
I don't lose signal, however is tells me I'm maybe out of distance / altitude. Check the settings, everything is maxed.. confused:/
e923a0306b90bb0ccce15a7983f14825.jpg

Reactions: Hauptmann
1. not sure why your not getting the flight time, possible that you need to check on the firmware for both batteries and drone
2. check to see if you have the beginning mode off

Are you getting enough GPS satellites and "Home Position check it on the map" voice message?

If not enough satellites are found you get a 98ft height restriction and warning lights on the mini.
See Page 37 of the User Manual for the warning lights and info.

Are you flying with the prop guards installed? If so, they limit distances. Also, DO NOT set the RTH to the max! Set it high enough to clear any nearby obstacles but don't overdo it. If RTH activates the drone may well climb very high only to find the wind up there is more than the Mini can handle and be blown away. Many have been lost this way.

Yes i do have the guards installed. I just took a screenshot and added it here. I need to learn how to upload flight times and ect stuff. This thing is awesome tho

I'm wondering how many times have you recharged the battery/batteries. I found MM flight duration improved after a few full charge-discharge cycles. Since yours is a new acquisition just thought I'd mention that as a possibility. Run them down to about 20% or less and charge them up to 100%. Repeat until the battery 'memory' knows what a full charge/discharge cycle looks like. In other words pretty much what you have to do with your phone to get the most out of a charge.

I've recharged with battery pack combo. I've went threw the charge cycle atleast 3 times per battery.
I'm willing to bet it's the cover guards.. I'm gonna check that tomorrow. Im trying to Google how to get there flight times lol. I found the distance page.

Having the guards on activates payload mode. This automatically restricts max height and distance. They also shorten flight time.

Have a really good read of the manual. Sounds dull. But there is LOTS of useful info in there. Seriously! Its far less dull than being without your drone due to misunderstanding how it behaves.

Get that RTH altitude down from max!! As others have said, if you lose signal then the Mini will automatically climb up to thst height and potentially hit winds that are much faster than down at ground level and are too strong for it to fight against. Your Mini will then get blown a long way away and most likely be lost forever.

Welcome, and congrats for choosing the Mini!

As others have mentioned, I'm fairly sure the prop guards are causing the problem. Others I know have had the same issue. Take the guards off, problem solved (for them). Let us know how it works for your Mini.

As you can see, we will be here for you any time you have a problem.

Happy flying!

Thanks everyone. It's raining right now, dark skies. Maybe later today I'll be able to try it out. Gonna l see how tall the trees are then figure out where i need my RTH

The prop guards really shouldn't be affecting the battery life that much. With them on I get about 18 minutes flight time rather than the normal 25 or so. I'll be interested to see what you find with them off.

Well after talking the prop guards off, everything worked great!
Im still unsure how to upload FPV and flight times and get other measurements like i been seeing.
I'm only getting the black altitude screen with distance and a gps map...

Fly up to where you are above the highest object on the (screen) horizon. Add a 20ft buffer to your present height and save that as your RTH height in the app. Always try to stay clear of high winds aloft. Fly safe. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard