DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones and need help picking one out

Just curious…if you already have 3 Mini2’s, why not just use one of those?
I want it to fill a slot in my Drone Lending Library, below (and cheaper than) the Mini-2.

A Mini SE would be fine, but if I can get a Mini-1 for half the cost of the SE, that would be ideal.

I've been looking more carefully at the used Mini-1 market, and you can get the basic set-up for $200 fairly reliably. I was offering $150, but I just bumped that up to $175.

It looks like my DJI FPV purchase is on hold for a while, until I can get the second goggle video quality issue sorted out in my head. Unfortunate, but that does free up some near term drone money...

Thx,

TCS

Hi,
I posted in the phantom group and someone suggested looking into a mavic I have a few questions.
I’m looking to spend $200-400. I want to be able to take video and I don’t need to be doing any stunts. I’d like it to be able to fly for a bit and have some distance. I’m not sure how far drones can be from the remote. I found a mavic mini on eBay for 270. Is that model a good one? Is that a good price?
I was just like you a few months ago, wanted to get into the hobby and not spend a ton in case I lost interest or destroyed the craft by being an idiot etc. Started with the Mavic Mini, loved every second of it. Just bought a Mini 2 because I found a lot of places I like to fly (near the ocean etc) are just constantly windy and the Mini 2 is much, much better than the Mini in windy conditions. In hindsight I should have started with the Mini 2 but now I have both and can either sell my Mini or just continue to use both.

I was just like you a few months ago, wanted to get into the hobby and not spend a ton in case I lost interest or destroyed the craft by being an idiot etc. Started with the Mavic Mini, loved every second of it. Just bought a Mini 2 because I found a lot of places I like to fly (near the ocean etc) are just constantly windy and the Mini 2 is much, much better than the Mini in windy conditions. In hindsight I should have started with the Mini 2 but now I have both and can either sell my Mini or just continue to use both.
Well, if you're interested in selling your Mini-1...

:cool:

TCS

I have the fly more combo for the Mini, bought it in December. Make me an offer
OK, I'll have to ponder that. I'm not sure that I want to invest in the full Fly More.

What did it cost new?

Thx,

TCS

You need the fly more combo for the extra batteries. It's worth it
If I were getting it as a primary drone, I'd agree. I got the Fly More Combo for all three of my Mini-2s.

But that's not the role I have in mind for this one.

Thx,

TCS

If you are still deciding, I would look at them in this descending order: always buy the flymore combo, then Mini2, Mini SE and Original Mini. Also buy new first or with a good check, buy used. If buying used look at number of battery charges, have the seller fly the machine with each battery and even if it all looks great, make sure you get a good feeling about the deal. If the seller seems shifyy; simply walk away.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan