DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to flying

DMC49

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic Air and I'm new to drone flying. Looking for a field to learn. Is there is a drone club in the area? Also does someone know if there is a teacher in the area?
I'm in the Boca Raton FL area. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, can't help with a field, but YouTube has videos on everything about drones. Most are even make specific, 51 Drones, FlytPath, Ed Ricker, The Everyday Dad and Ready Set Drone are some of my favorites.

Last edited:
Honestly they are not hard and I doubt you would need lessons. It’s not like trying to fly a CP chopper - assuming you set it up right (wait for GPS lock, make sure no errors are showing etc) it looks after itself.

Just find a big open space and go for it :).

Amazon. There is a Drone Only version. DO NOT GET THAT VERSION. Real Flight 8 has many more choices and runs better as long as you have a decent graphics card in your machine.

Reactions: Palindrone
Hey, it's really simple to fly as long you are not putting it into sports mode. Start flying outside and at low level. Enjoy.

Is there a Face Book group for community stuff like announcements, buy & sell, etc? I know there are three FB pages here and we're a small rural community in NE Alabama. If so, post something on there, you might get a good response.
I've posted a couple of times here about the group of us that fly together every Sunday and have gotten several folks come out, both folks who want to fly with us plus we've had a few beginners that wanted shown how.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15