DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mavic and very sad

mman

Reactions
So after months of reading up about the Mavic and saving up for it, I finally received the drone last week. Unfortunately for me the video quality in the horizontal pan movements were horrible. The video was quite jerky and almost looked like it would skip frames. I tried to re-format the sd card and still had same issue. I re-set the Gimbal in hopes of change and nothing. Then I changed the video frame from 1080P to a higher level and the video got worst. So I contacted DJI. What an experience that was! I waited 1.5 hours on phone and the person told me to redo the IMU, then the gimbal and it would take care of it. I asked him to wait online while I attempted the fix and he said that it would take 15 minutes and he would not wait. So I attempted the fix he suggested and unfortunately still had the same issue. So I contacted DJI again just to wait another 1.5 hours and now the quad has been sent to California.
I'm so disappointed as I love all the videos I see on YouTube and such of this drone's capabilities. My frustration is that the video looked great when it was in a Vertical movement, but was bad in horizontal movement. This was not a jello effect that others are talking about.
Has anyone else had similar issue?

It's kinda hard to tell what the issue might be. It could be your frame rate was too high or numerous other setting issues. Of course, it could be a sensor issue too.

It seems that the Mavic needs a little polish once it's out the box. Initial flight settings are too high for good cinematic video in my view. This forum is abundant with amazing advice and tips on how to get the best out of the Mavic. It's saved my skin on a few occasions.

Don't let you experience blunt your enthusiasm for what is on of the best consumer drones on the market. Once you get your replacement, experiment with settings and I assure you, you'll find gold.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What type of SD card are you using? If you see jerky/choppy footage it may be due to the type of SD card, especially if you're recording in 4K.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
I use these one, no problems when shooting in 4K which I do most of the time. We have a 4K TV love to watch the footage on the big TV.

IMG_3952.JPG IMG_8480.JPG

I had a worse issue with my gimbal. Probably 2 times worse then yours. I just reflashed the firmware, did the imu, reset camera settings and it fixed all my jitter/jello/smoothness issues.

Reactions: Brianna
The video's were all shot with the SD card that comes with the drone. I shot it in 2k video but can't remember the setting. The jitter of pan view was noted even more when in 2k versus 1080 P.
So after months of reading up about the Mavic and saving up for it, I finally received the drone last week. Unfortunately for me the video quality in the horizontal pan movements were horrible. The video was quite jerky and almost looked like it would skip frames. I tried to re-format the sd card and still had same issue. I re-set the Gimbal in hopes of change and nothing. Then I changed the video frame from 1080P to a higher level and the video got worst. So I contacted DJI. What an experience that was! I waited 1.5 hours on phone and the person told me to redo the IMU, then the gimbal and it would take care of it. I asked him to wait online while I attempted the fix and he said that it would take 15 minutes and he would not wait. So I attempted the fix he suggested and unfortunately still had the same issue. So I contacted DJI again just to wait another 1.5 hours and now the quad has been sent to California.
I'm so disappointed as I love all the videos I see on YouTube and such of this drone's capabilities. My frustration is that the video looked great when it was in a Vertical movement, but was bad in horizontal movement. This was not a jello effect that others are talking about.
Looking at your video I am betting it's just the frame rate, shoot at 30 fps and pick up some nd filters, it's amazing what the right setting will do.

@mman don't despair.. i had the same feeling after coming from a P4P. Turns out it was the chair --> controller interface error :) Couple of things you need to make several adjustments customized to your needs.. like YAW, ATTITUDE, GIMBAL speeds etc. There are a number of youtube videos out there that talk about how to set these settings and what they mean. Also i noticed 4K 30FPS can seem "jerky" at times, I switched it to 24FPS and it has been awesome since. Invest in a set of lens filter and go fly. Hopefully when you get the replacement you will be able to test all the custom settings and go have some fun.

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661