DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to piloting

Hi eyegy57,

I wouldn't say that it is weird because you only have had the drone for about a month, give it more time! ;)

And to answer your question, they come when it's necessary or when there's one available. I have had flown my drone for 2-3 months without any updates notifications.

I hope that help.

Stay safe, stay at home.

Best regards,
Kievy

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to our forum, from Texas.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually.

The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (link below), and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I too practiced on the high school football field and used baseball field to try out the Quick Shots. The more you fly the more confidence you’ll have. Try flying without looking at the screen and eventually it’ll become an extension of your hands!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18