DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the forum and just bought a Mavic Air 2

Just want to introduce myself and say hello from Alabama. I purchased a Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo on Tuesday. I’m new to quality “enthusiast” level drones and after some research and was between the Mini 2, Fimi X8 SE 2020, or the Air 2. For me the Air 2 just seemed like the best choice for me. I’ve owned 2 “toy” drones before (one a $200ish Chinese drone and a indoor nano drone. It was ordered Tuesday and should be here Tomorrow and I have a 3 day weekend to get to know the drone and get some training and experience. I’ve already registered as a recreational pilot with the FAA and went and got 2 sandisk extreme 128gb micro as cards. I look forward to learning some great info on here and right now I don’t have that many questions but I’m sure that will change when I receive the drone. I just have one question right now. Is there anything else I need to do before I get the drone to help me get flying faster once I get the drone in my hands?

edit: Just noticed it said I’m 86 years old. I somehow put my birth year as 1934 but I’m 36 and born in 1984. ???
Welcome from cold Toronto Canada. You came to the right place. Don't be shy about asking any questions here. Lots of experienced pilots to help. Happy FlyingThumbswayup

Welcome from cold Toronto Canada. You came to the right place. Don't be shy about asking any questions here. Lots of experienced pilots to help. Happy FlyingThumbswayup
I definitely will. Unfortunately I just checked the shipping info and looks like my drone won’t be here until Tuesday. I don’t think it was shipped Tuesday when I purchased it and was shipped sometime yesterday. Kinda disappointed that I won’t have it during this 3-day weekend. The place I purchased from is only about 65-70 miles from my house but I didn’t have the time to go during the week and I thought if I purchased it on Tuesday it would be here for the weekend. I guess I should’ve told them to hold it and picked it up Saturday. Other than that the store I purchased from had spectacular customer service but I’m pretty bummed I won’t have my drone to play with this weekend.

Edit: Drone showed up today!!! Can’t wait to get up in the air.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Is there anything else I need to do before I get the drone to help me get flying faster once I get the drone in my hands?
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Wow. Thanks so much for all of that. Great info there. Tips and help like this are super helpful to me at this point in learning my drone.

Reactions: msinger and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11