DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Videos and I have Questions

Hydrostan

Reactions
I've been flying my Mavic Mini now for 5 months. At first I did indoor flying to learn how to fly it, and since have taken lots of photos. Now I want to take some videos. I took this from my property, flying almost straight up 225 ft. and just "yawed right" in C mode for a panorama video. When I downloaded it and played it back it was horribly "jerky" not smooth at all in the 360° rotation. So, I uploaded it to YouTube so I could post it on here and ask why. YouTube converted it to a "Standard video" and now it looks good! Why??? Because the 2.7k video won't play on my PC screen????

Not jerky when I view it , just a typical too fast yaw video , YouTube always make a low resolution copy available right away while it fully processes your video , then later posts the full HD version , we need to know your pc specs as to why you can't view the 2.7K video , probably time for some hardware upgrades .

Reactions: Juggler
I would suggest your computer is to slow...that was my issue and have since upgraded. I also read somewhere that youtube downgrades the uploaded videos to a certain size.
Time for a new computer or at least some upgrades

I do use VLC player. It is almost embarrassing that the video plays fine on my Samsung S10+ cell phone. My PC is fairly old, I put it together some time ago. Here are the specs:

Windows 10 (32 bit)
Intel Core i5 2320 CPU@ 3ghz.
8.0 gb RAM
AMD Radeon 6450 graphics card
Samsung HD monitor.

Maybe the video card is the weak link here?

Thanks folks for any suggestions!

When moving, the 180 degree rule is used to give the correct amount of motion blur.

That sounds a mouthful but it's quite simple. If you are shooting at 30 FPS, the shutter speed should be 1/60 second. 25 FPS - 1/50 second. It's the purpose of the ND filters - to chop down the amount of light reaching the sensor to allow correct exposure at a fixed shutter speed. Don't need them if you have aperture adjustment as well as shutter speed adjustment, but that's currently only on top of the range kit.

Ideally set the shutter speed manually on the drone for 1/60 (assuming 30 FPS) and then use whichever ND filter gives you closest to correct exposure. Plenty of youtube tutorials about this, and the advantages of correct motion blur.

Your video was shot on a bright day, so it's probable the shutter speed was high, and that would cause a certain amount of judder as you pan round. It may be the juddering is still there on the phone, but as it's a lot smaller than the monitor not so noticeable.

I'd be inclined to have a look at the tutorials and investigate ND filters. I can't see motion blur on the 8" tablet I use to film unless it's really obvious, but by the time it gets to my 50" TV it is noticeable. I try to used fixed shutter speed most of the time.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
When moving, the 180 degree rule is used to give the correct amount of motion blur.

That sounds a mouthful but it's quite simple. If you are shooting at 30 FPS, the shutter speed should be 1/60 second. 25 FPS - 1/50 second. It's the purpose of the ND filters - to chop down the amount of light reaching the sensor to allow correct exposure at a fixed shutter speed. Don't need them if you have aperture adjustment as well as shutter speed adjustment, but that's currently only on top of the range kit.

Ideally set the shutter speed manually on the drone for 1/60 (assuming 30 FPS) and then use whichever ND filter gives you closest to correct exposure. Plenty of youtube tutorials about this, and the advantages of correct motion blur.

Your video was shot on a bright day, so it's probable the shutter speed was high, and that would cause a certain amount of judder as you pan round. It may be the juddering is still there on the phone, but as it's a lot smaller than the monitor not so noticeable.

I'd be inclined to have a look at the tutorials and investigate ND filters. I can't see motion blur on the 8" tablet I use to film unless it's really obvious, but by the time it gets to my 50" TV it is noticeable. I try to used fixed shutter speed most of the time.
Thank you, I will check the shutter speed and the FPS. Yes, it was a very bright day.

Here is an update on my video problem. I fired up an old Windows 7 PC that I put together some years back. I installed VLC player on it and the video played just fine.
Here is the comparison of my 2 PCs:

Windows 10 PC Windows 7 PC
* Intel core i5 CPU @ 3.00 ghz * Intel core i5-2500k @3.3 ghz
* 8.0 gb RAM * 8.0 gb RAM
AMD Radeon 6450 graphics card * Intel HD Graphics Family

Now to me the only difference besides the CPU being a bit faster (???) in the Win 7 pc is of course the graphics card. I recall the HD family is considered an "entry level" But I am assuming it is better than the AMD Radeon???

Here is an update on my video problem. I fired up an old Windows 7 PC that I put together some years back. I installed VLC player on it and the video played just fine.
Here is the comparison of my 2 PCs:

Windows 10 PC Windows 7 PC
* Intel core i5 CPU @ 3.00 ghz * Intel core i5-2500k @3.3 ghz
* 8.0 gb RAM * 8.0 gb RAM
AMD Radeon 6450 graphics card * Intel HD Graphics Family

Now to me the only difference besides the CPU being a bit faster (???) in the Win 7 pc is of course the graphics card. I recall the HD family is considered an "entry level" But I am assuming it is better than the AMD Radeon???
Does your Win10 PC have an Intel graphics card also? Or only the AMD?

My laptop has an Intel card, and an nVidia... But I have to disable the nVidia completely, or my Adobe suite runs like trash.

No offence intended Hydrostan but you say the HD family is considered an entry level but the AMD Radeon 6450 you have is only a low end GPU, upgrading this would make a big difference ;)

Reactions: Juggler
No offence intended Hydrostan but you say the HD family is considered an entry level but the AMD Radeon 6450 you have is only a low end GPU, upgrading this would make a big difference ;)
No offense taken! I only quoted what I read about the HD Graphics. Yes, I'll take your advice and get a better graphics card for my Windows 10 PC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb