DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New toy

Glass great. Paint is ok but some small corrosion on wings.
TT 5000 and 200 on engine.
Needs a bit of care but a nice little kite

Cessna didn't make a 152 in 1958. You have a C-150 with the Continental engine, straight tail, and manual flaps. The 152 uses the Lycoming engine.

Reactions: JDawg
Yes thanks.
It was a typo out of habit.
I do know what i have.

-Thought some smooth-talking salesman got a hold of you! The earlier Cessnas are a lot of fun to fly, and the manual flaps allow you to "pop" them at the last minute to clear something. I use to do that when I was young and dumb. I like the solid gear better than the tubular type too, and the straight tails will lose more altitude in a side slip. I think they crapped them up when they put the Omni-View window on the back and streamlined the tail. They also changed from 40° flaps to 30°.

We have a 66 C-150 and a PA-28, Of the two, the C-150 is more fun. Spend extra money on a comfortable seat!

Yea they are a nice plane. I did my original training in one many years ago so was happy to pick up this old classic

I soloed over 55 years ago in a 1947 Taylorcraft with a 65 hp Franklin engine. And here I am today Flying drones!

My first solo in 1973 was in a Victor. A low wing fully aerobatic aircraft built in Australia. Control was with a stick between the two seats so I flew right handed with left hand on the throttle. I to am now flying drones at 73 years of age.

Us septuagenarians should be writing books! If the government finds out how much fun we're having with drones, they'll impose medical requirements. Those hurtles here in the states can sometimes be daunting.

I worked with CT4’s back in the day, basically the 6 cyclinder military equivalent of the little Victor. Great plane

Retired military here. Flew F-4's back in the day, and ended my career flying F-15's (-Much easier to fly than the F-4's). The F-15 told me that it was time to retire though.

Retired military here. Flew F-4's back in the day, and ended my career flying F-15's (-Much easier to fly than the F-4's). The F-15 told me that it was time to retire though.
Thank you for your service- My father's best child hood friend was shot down in his phantom- Dad struggled with his loss all of his life

It's a hard thing to put in the past. I had a GIBS killed on me, and I endlessly wonder what I could've done differently. BTW, the Thank You For Your Service thing wasn't around when we returned. I was actually egged coming off base at Andrews AFB, and this was after losing Larry.

I lost a GIBS in SE Asia, and often wonder (-late at night) what I could have done different. "Survivors Remorse" is the technical term. BTW, the Thank You For Your Service was unheard of when I returned. In fact, I was egged coming off base by protestors, and this was after losing Larry.

I like the change, but wonder all at the same time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98