DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New USB 3.0 type C Connector needed for M. Pro Remote Controller

Peter Ho

Reactions
I had been flying with my remote on Samsung Note 5 using the provided usb 3 mini connector.

Now that I have upgraded and migrated to Samsung Note 9 a few days ago.... alas! I found that the usb cable from the remote provided is not of USB 3.0 type C which is connectable any side in.

Anyone having this problem cause I may have to use a converter or adapter to slot the mini into the adapter and then into the Note 9.

I am posing this question as purchasing 3rd party cable may cause problem in linking rc to mobile. Of course I can still fly with my note 5 tho it now has no data plan.

Attachments

• peterho_dji_connectors.jpg
    peterho_dji_connectors.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 34
I'd be really surprised if a 3rd party USB cable would not work - only if it's not a real noname junk. :)
Find some better quality cables, for me personally Anker cables are doing well with wide variety of length/cable outer materials/connector types.
Personal note: original Mavick Pro USB-C cable I have had in my box for the remote works fine with my S8.

You get a more robust connection with a normal cable to the bottom full size USB anyway.
Look out for a short one perhaps with 90 degree bend.
You don't have to push the phone right in to the arms, I usually just grip the top third.

Good point 4wd . And you also have the chance to charge the RC from a power bank during flight. I'm planning to order a new cable with 90degree band and proper length for this purpose and also for charging.

Reactions: Szepy_lc8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair