DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New year, first footage

MavicKhan

Reactions
So...

15 days after getting my first UAV, the amazing Mavic, and while benefiting from a perfect weather streak for this particular activity, I finally gave edited form to some imagery from places around where I live, images that had been in my head since I first knew I would definitely be getting one of these little flying wonders.

The shots at the end of the video came out exactly as I imagined they would, for as long as I contemplated this purchase :)

I would like to take the opportunity to thank this great, great community (...for the "do"...) and some random idiots on YouTube (...for the "don't"...) for helping enabling me to take these shots in such a short amount of time.

Thank you, keep exchanging great info and have an 2017 full of flying adventures :p

MK

So...

15 days after getting my first UAV, the amazing Mavic, and while benefiting from a perfect weather streak for this particular activity, I finally gave edited form to some imagery from places around where I live, images that had been in my head since I first knew I would definitely be getting one of these little flying wonders.

The shots at the end of the video came out exactly as I imagined they would, for as long as I contemplated this purchase :)

I would like to take the opportunity to thank this great, great community (...for the "do"...) and some random idiots on YouTube (...for the "don't"...) for helping enabling me to take these shots in such a short amount of time.

Thank you, keep exchanging great info and have an 2017 full of flying adventures :p

MK
Beautiful place and very good filming... enjoy it...

Amazing landscapes, nice light, great camera work and unobtrusive editing. Great stuff!

And I agree - the Mavic is amazing.

Awesome video and edit. Amazed that you would have the confidence to fly in those areas so soon after getting the drone.... Have you flown other drones before?

Such slow and even pans! How can you do this? Whats your EXP settings and YAW settings? Im still tweaking mine to achieve that perfect rotation and up/down gimbal movement.

Oh, beautiful job MK ! Well done thanks for sharing.

Awesome video and edit. Amazed that you would have the confidence to fly in those areas so soon after getting the drone.... Have you flown other drones before?

Thanks! :)

...No never...but I love cinema and photography, so I "knew" what I wanted...and the Mavic is very cooperative :p ...and as already pointed out, this forum and several videos on YouTube were great, great help during the time I was preparing to have my first drone.

The only remaining issue is that it is quite difficult to operate both the UAV and the gimbal at the same time if a multi-axis shot is required.

Without doubt, the Inspire approach, with a dedicated operator for the UAV and another for the camera, is the way to go.

...but, for my requirements, this amazing little critter is a very good solution :)

All the best!
MK

Such slow and even pans! How can you do this? Whats your EXP settings and YAW settings? Im still tweaking mine to achieve that perfect rotation and up/down gimbal movement.

Oh, beautiful job MK ! Well done thanks for sharing.

Thank you BD0G :)

I have come to the conclusion that the prevailing online recommended settings, which already damp the gimbal and Yaw movements are still quite high when the videoing part of things is the flight purpose, especially since the sticks and the gimbal wheel have such short throws.

I use (...and might even tweak them further, in the near future...):

Gimbal pitch EXP: 5
Upwards Gimbal Limit enabled.
Gimbal Pitch Smoothness: 25
Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow enabled.

Gain Settings all at 100%

EXP , all 3 axis and throttle: .15

MK

Reactions: Derek
Thanks! :)

...No never...but I love cinema and photography, so I "knew" what I wanted...and the Mavic is very cooperative :p ...and as already pointed out, this forum and several videos on YouTube were great, great help during the time I was preparing to have my first drone.

The only remaining issue is that it is quite difficult to operate both the UAV and the gimbal at the same time if a multi-axis shot is required.

Without doubt, the Inspire approach, with a dedicated operator for the UAV and another for the camera, is the way to go.

...but, for my requirements, this amazing little critter is a very good solution :)

All the best!
MK

Litchi could do it right? One could setup waypoints and then when the Mavic was flying the gimbal movement could be controlled without interfering or interacting with the pre-programmed flight path.

Litchi could do it right? One could setup waypoints and then when the Mavic was flying the gimbal movement could be controlled without interfering or interacting with the pre-programmed flight path.

Litchi is close but down the road in my lead-in map.

(...Litchi and Litchi Vue, which is only available for iOS at the moment, were a significant factor in me opting for a second-hand iPad Mini 2 as the display device for this set-up, this tab being the first non-Android device I ever bought...).

From what I've already understood, it will definitely free me from the track portion of the flight and I will be able to pay more attention to operation of the gimbal. It will also be an huge advantage being able to replicate the exact same flight profile over and over.

However, I don't think it will be great help for multi-axis tracking shots, unless they've been smart enough to allow for overriding inputs over the profile without cancelling the whole loaded mission.

If this functionality is available, my mind explodes with all the possibilities it will cater for :):confused::D.

MK

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet