DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New

Well the only way I could think that it might work involves an Android Emulator.

In theory if one had a decent laptop and they installed an Android Emulator and then installed DJIGO4 within this Android Emulated environment AND the side USB port was recognized by the Android Emulator it actually might be possible. One would need to run a fairly long USB cable between the Mavic Air Remote Controller and the laptop.

I have not heard of one person attempting this so you might possibly be the first!

Carrying around a laptop that is connected to ones Remote Controller seems like a bit of a burden though. If this is even possible one may experience some wacky results.

I have used Nox (Android Emulator) to play Android based games in the past , but never tried installing DJIGO4 and trying to communicate with my Mavic.

Well after thinking about if this was possible I downloaded and installed NOX (Android Emulator) then connected to the Google Play Store and downloaded DJIGO4. Installed it. Opened it and everytime I launch the DJIGO4 app it crashes with and error message "Unfortunately DJIGO has stopped"
Even ran NOX as Administrator and still recieved the same message.

Would other Android Emulators work? Not sure.

Reactions: Herman De La Cruz
Well the only way I could think that it might work involves an Android Emulator.

In theory if one had a decent laptop and they installed an Android Emulator and then installed DJIGO4 within this Android Emulated environment AND the side USB port was recognized by the Android Emulator it actually might be possible. One would need to run a fairly long USB cable between the Mavic Air Remote Controller and the laptop.

I have not heard of one person attempting this so you might possibly be the first!

Carrying around a laptop that is connected to ones Remote Controller seems like a bit of a burden though. If this is even possible one may experience some wacky results.

I have used Nox (Android Emulator) to play Android based games in the past , but never tried installing DJIGO4 and trying to communicate with my Mavic.
Thank you so much!!!

"Unfortunately DJIGO has stopped"
Looks like if they code it so it explains why it fails rather than just quiting, maybe it would be stable on more systems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf