DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Atlanta MP owner getting ready for maiden flight

Bking

Reactions
Sunday 9-3-17 will be the first time I am flying my MP. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area that would be available to walk me through the first time up? An hour or so? Barry 214-676-2355

Congratulations, and welcome to the club.

Read the manual. Take it slow. Build your confidence. You'll be fine.

Enjoy!

Good luck. I'm a newbie too with only a couple flights logged, both successful. My advice, 1) download the manual and read it thoroughly, 2) make sure your avoidance sensors are on and RTH height is several meters higher than any obstacle in the area and ascend straight up to at least 30' to establish your precise home point before giving any pitch input , 3) Take your first flight in beginner mode for 5-10 minutes and let it hover at times to study your controller and phone/tablet displays.

If all goes well and you're comfortable you might land, switch off beginner mode and take it up a little higher and farther out for another 5 minutes or so and test RTH. If it's in sight and something goes wrong you can always cancel RTH and fly back manually. Remember you can always let go of the sticks and the mavic will hover in place while you figure things out if you're not in RTH mode. Make sure your battery warning level is sufficient- 30%?

Im in Atlanta and I will be available on Sunday to help you out. What part of town are you in? Im up in Gwinnett County and I have a perfect place for a maiden voyage. I can help you get started, and first of all, be safe.

Rob
Thunderdrones
Tel (678) 763-4427

Reactions: newguy
Thunderdrones Rob met me at Shorty Howell Park this morning. A million dollars worth of advice in 3 hours. What a blast. So many obstacles in my mind settled. I never could have done what we did today without Rob's help. Right arm Rob! Right arm.

Reactions: Former Member
The pleasure was all mine, you did really well today. Any time you need anything, just let me know. I will be down in Tucker on Tuesday to see my mom and there's a park not too far from there if you're up for it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf