DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie check-in.

OAPdroner

Reactions
Hi, I’m a complete novice and jumped straight in with a MA2. I have flown it 4-5 times now, and am gradually beginning to get over my nervy initial flight manoeuvres and really enjoying my new found hobby. I have a couple of questions to ask. The first is about the s d card. I find it really hard to grip the edge of the card when it is in the drone’s card slot to pull it out. Even with tweezers it is a problem. Am I pushing it too far in? The second question is that when I last put the card in the card reader and connected it to my iPad it only downloaded the photos but not the videos (all taken on the same flight) They all show up on the screen and the photos all have ticks but the videos have a red ! next to them. I highlighted them again and tried again but the same thing happened.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the MA2. Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over N. Ireland. When you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

As to removal of the SD card, I just push in on it, and it pops out enough for me to grab it with fingernails (I have an M2P, not an MA2). I have never experienced your second issue. Wish I had an answer!

Glad you've joined us!

Total noob here, too - but when you record video with your shiny new Mavic Air 2, what format are you recording in? If you don't have a matching codec for your iPad to read the video, you'll get the infuriating Exclamation Point of Doom.

Hi, I’m a complete novice and jumped straight in with a MA2. I have flown it 4-5 times now, and am gradually beginning to get over my nervy initial flight manoeuvres and really enjoying my new found hobby. I have a couple of questions to ask. The first is about the s d card. I find it really hard to grip the edge of the card when it is in the drone’s card slot to pull it out. Even with tweezers it is a problem. Am I pushing it too far in? The second question is that when I last put the card in the card reader and connected it to my iPad it only downloaded the photos but not the videos (all taken on the same flight) They all show up on the screen and the photos all have ticks but the videos have a red ! next to them. I highlighted them again and tried again but the same thing happened.
Yeah, getting that card in/out is a pain unless you have long fingernails, so...

- Grow a Micro SD fingernail or..

- use the 'holder', the thing you put your SD card into when you put it into your computer, to push it in/out... works a treat!

Note - you don't just pull the card straight out. You push it in until it clicks, and it'll pop out enough to grab with fingernails or tweezers.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Thanks for all your replies. I was just trying to pull the card straight out but have now pushed it in first and it does pop out just enough to get hold of with my finger nails, one problem solved. As to the download problem, I set the video to hdr, 4K and 25fps, because I think I had seen a YouTube video suggesting this setting (I’m a newbie on every aspect of this so am having to rely on others advice whilst I’m in the learning phase) I’ll see if I can find out what my IPad can handle. One things for sure, I have landed in a very friendly and helpful community.?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming