DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Georgetown TX

Alpha2Zulu

Reactions
Happy New Year Y'all

Been wanting to get into the hobby for a while now but just beginning to get around to it. Just ordered a mavic air 2 and also clocked about 10 hours of youtube over the holidays on FAA and drone rules and wondering what the heck have i gotten myself intoo_O:D

The more I lap up the drone guru channels like 51 drones , alien drones etc the more I think it just makes sense to get my part 107 certification. Hopefully I get around to it at some point. Tips/thoughts on it would be awesome

Over and out

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on ordering your MA2!

I can almost sense how you're hitting the tracking button every few hours. I know I do every time I've got a Mavic on the way.

Ten hours of YouTube videos? Yup...you're hooked now. For my Part 107 studying, I really enjoyed Tony Northup's video:

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on ordering your MA2!

I can almost sense how you're hitting the tracking button every few hours. I know I do every time I've got a Mavic on the way.

Ten hours of YouTube videos? Yup...you're hooked now. For my Part 107 studying, I really enjoyed Tony Northup's video:
Me 2 :) Had gone through his video. Its super awesome however saw some other videos too which said some of Northup content might be dated. I only check tracking 2-3 times a day... so far but that could change ;)

Welcome to the group. If you need a place tasty after the wife finds out, I am just 70 miles south of ya on I-H 35.

Are you in sales? I am, so here are some ideas:
1. Honey, the drone is better than me having a boat.
2. Sweetheart, let's go to the jewelry store and get that tennis bracelet you always wanted.
3. Honey, it is cheaper than that red convertible sports car I always wanted.
4. Baby cakes, look at the great family photos I will be able to take when we visit your family (aka outlaws) for Thanksgiving.
5. Finally: Sweetheart, I picked the drone as hobby, instead of the blond waitress we see at our favorite restaurant.

Last edited:
Welcome to the group. If you need a place tasty after the wife finds out, I am just 70 miles south of ya on I-H 35.

Are you in sales? I am, so here are some ideas:
1. Honey, the drone is better than me having a boat.
2. Sweetheart, let's go to the jewelry store and get that tennis bracelet you always wanted.
3. Honey, it is cheaper than that red convertible sports car I always wanted.
4. Baby cakes, look at the great family photos I will be able to take when we visit your family (aka outlaws) for Thanksgiving.
5. Finally: Sweetheart, I picked the drone as hobby, instead of the blond waitress we see at our favorite restaurant.
Thanks Gipper. No I'm not in sales. I'm in IT. Awesome ideas :D . Can't use 3 cause I blew that option when i got my bumblebee but that was ten years back so its been a while. I think option 4 might actually work. Maybe I should surprise her with the footage before disclosing.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada