DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Montreal , Canada

Gauts

Reactions
Got myself a Mavic Mini combo a week ago , have only flew it in the house and backyard just to get an idea of how things work . Impressed so far, my first drone but I'm using a work phone ( I phone 7 ) and it's dressed in a Otter Box casing . Pain in the *** to have to strip it down when I want to use it to fly so I want to get a phone or tablet just for the mini . A mini I pad would be great for the screen but I'm wondering about the weight and I seen there are mounts to attach to the controller , looks a little unbalanced and also is 16G enough or better off with 32 . Appreciate your thoughts thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I to hate how the controller is made for the mini, i can't use my Samsung S10 without removing it from the protective case. And the cord that attaches them I wish was twice as long, to work with an aftermarket holder.
But the drone itself is great.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Got myself a Mavic Mini combo a week ago , have only flew it in the house and backyard just to get an idea of how things work . Impressed so far, my first drone but I'm using a work phone ( I phone 7 ) and it's dressed in a Otter Box casing . Pain in the *** to have to strip it down when I want to use it to fly so I want to get a phone or tablet just for the mini . A mini I pad would be great for the screen but I'm wondering about the weight and I seen there are mounts to attach to the controller , looks a little unbalanced and also is 16G enough or better off with 32 . Appreciate your thoughts thanks

Kamloops BC welcomes Montreal to the forum and the fun of flying the mini. I too use a iPhone 7 with an Otterbox Defender that was hard to fit in the controller so I originally 3d printed a mount for it. It works well but I also found that the Otterbox will fit, with a little persuasion into the jaws, it just fits.

I use the original DJI cable with the right angle plugs on each end (I like angled plugs) but had to trim the Otterbox case around the plug to get the plug all the way in. The phone case is no longer watertight. I seldom use the 3D mount anymore which also requires a longer cable. I also use an iPad Air (2012) with a mount and the long cable if I want a larger screen.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Kamloops BC welcomes Montreal to the forum and the fun of flying the mini. I too use a iPhone 7 with an Otterbox Defender that was hard to fit in the controller so I originally 3d printed a mount for it. It works well but I also found that the Otterbox will fit, with a little persuasion into the jaws, it just fits.

I use the original DJI cable with the right angle plugs on each end (I like angled plugs) but had to trim the Otterbox case around the plug to get the plug all the way in. The phone case is no longer watertight. I seldom use the 3D mount anymore which also requires a longer cable. I also use an iPad Air (2012) with a mount and the long cable if I want a larger screen.

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Thanks for that but I can't modify the case since its not mine , have not paid for a cell phone since they came out 20 or so years ago but I guess I'll have to sooner or later !

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh