DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Utah

Gkirkham7

Reactions
Bought the Mavic 2 pro, it’s my very first drone. Something I’ve always wanted to get into and finally made the jump. Close to 2 hours of flight time under my belt and finally took my first spill, she survived with only a little bit of cosmetic damage!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Story time?
78K806OHPM.gif

How’d it happen? I’m also from Utah. SLC area, you?
Utah county! It was literally just me being a newbie, flew it earlier. Put it up a second time an hour later. Well a car was parked in the previously saved home point. Battery was dying, I panicked, didn’t think I had enough time to land in the street so I tried to land in front of the house. Was descending and in panic mode hit the forward stick instead of down, slammed into the brick wall and landed on its back in the snow. Learned 2 lessons. Give yourself plenty of time as far as battery goes, and make sure the new home point is recorded. I’ve since researched and saved a few pre flight checklists lol.

Reactions: t1m0n3
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.57066

Utah county! It was literally just me being a newbie, flew it earlier. Put it up a second time an hour later. Well a car was parked in the previously saved home point. Battery was dying, I panicked, didn’t think I had enough time to land in the street so I tried to land in front of the house. Was descending and in panic mode hit the forward stick instead of down, slammed into the brick wall and landed on its back in the snow. Learned 2 lessons. Give yourself plenty of time as far as battery goes, and make sure the new home point is recorded. I’ve since researched and saved a few pre flight checklists lol.

Dang! Glad it’s only cosmetic. Happy flying!

Wow Utah!
I love that state. Took a vacation back a year or so ago and wanted to see the western states. Started by requesting brochures from all surrounding areas out west. Got the one from Utah and never looked at another. Your so lucky to have such a photogenic area. Spent two weeks driving the state and regret not having more time. Hope to come back soon with my Mavic P2. Post some of vedios when you can.

Reactions: t1m0n3
Wow Utah!
I love that state. Took a vacation back a year or so ago and wanted to see the western states. Started by requesting brochures from all surrounding areas out west. Got the one from Utah and never looked at another. Your so lucky to have such a photogenic area. Spent two weeks driving the state and regret not having more time. Hope to come back soon with my Mavic P2. Post some of vedios when you can.
Looks like I need some spell check. LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman