DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Help

bobframe

Reactions
Hi y'all...new guy here, Bob from north Georgia. My wife and two sons teamed up for Christmas and bought me a Mavic Pro (Fly More Combo). Very excited about my new toy.

After a fairly frustrating attempt at getting things operating, I was able to turn controller and drone on, download the app and get it flying. However, I'm pretty sure I skipped some steps in the initial set up...like firmware update and the IMU/compass calibration. I'd like to go back and properly set things up but I can't figure out how to do that.

Can someone please explain to me how to go back in time and set this up correctly?

Thanks in advance for your expert help!

Bob

If the app isn't complaining about anything and the drone behaves as it should then you should be all set.. you can always install DJI Assistant and connect the Mavic to your computer to confirm you're on latest FW but that's about it..

Wazzup Bob?......WELCOME!!!Thumbswayup

Re FW update......it's optional!
If your AC is performing as it should right now and you don't need the extra features if any on the latest FW, I would suggest you stay put. Many users updated to the latest FW and failed and realized that there's no going reverting/back (for now). I'm not saying that the FW is bad (LOL) but that's all up to you, for now enjoy.
JMOHO :)

Highly recommend you go through the proper calibration. Not only do you learn how to do it, you also get a calibrated drone for your location. The manual is a good start (V2). If you don't have it, download it from the DJI website. Also, there are some good youtube videos available on MP calibration. Look them up.

Can someone please explain to me how to go back in time and set this up correctly?
Instructions for performing all of the Mavic calibrations can be found here. Firmware installation instructions can be found here.

If the app isn't complaining about anything and the drone behaves as it should then you should be all set.. you can always install DJI Assistant and connect the Mavic to your computer to confirm you're on latest FW but that's about it..
Thanks for your quick reply. I attempted to download DJI Assistant...went through the normal procedures (iMac Retina 4K, OS 10.12.6) and the installation process ran smoothly. However, when I try to locate the app in Applications I can't find it. Any thoughts on where the app might be hiding?

Thanks again.

Bob

Good, remember it will only work (doing something) once you connect your drone/controller to the Mac.

Learn to do the compass dance if only for piece of mind. Can’t hurt.
When I first installed DJI Assistant 2 I couldn’t find it. They cleverly named the app “Assistant.” I kept looking for DJI Assistant

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe