DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie in Rotherham

SXB1

Reactions
Hi everyone, finally got round to introducing myself on here!
Quick runthrough about myself.
1st introduction into drones was a year ago when I bought a 2nd hand Spark, didn't want to splash full cash on new for something that I may not have got into. So as I generally do a fair bit of mtb, enduro and dh riding I wanted a decent enough drone to hopefully do some following while i rode to catch abit of film. Now this worked, in a fashion, mainly on open-ish areas and riding generally slow, so not what I was hoping for. But then I started taking it away on holidays, both in UK and abroad, getting some decent enough footage to look back on.
Then about a month ago I started looking to upgrade, again begrudging spending the whole hog on a brand spank drone.
After selling my Spark bundle I purchased a 2nd hand Mavic Pro for not much more.
Amazing bit of kit, I thought the spark took decent photos, me been a newbie tbh, but the Mavic quality was so much different!
Now I used the same SanDisk sd card and mobile, an htc m8, that I used for the Spark.
Couple lil test flights at home the controller flashed lost signal and hovered with no control available whatsoever even though i could actually touch it where it was hovering. It then reconnected some 20 seconds later and I landed it.
Tried another flight the following day, again lost controller signal but this time started it's own RTH with me not been able to control anything, luckily landed safely and then reconnected!!!
After this, purchased another genuine sd card, resynced drone and controller and went for a few test flights. All was good, even messed abit with the active tracks while I had chance.
Went away to Spain so took the Mavic, did some good footage in and about the villa, then on the last day while fetching it back to land it once again lost controller signal...over the pool!!! Did a quick controller off and on and then it reconnected straight away and brought it to land, so still had an issue somewhere.
So yesterday I reinstalled DJI app and did sd format in the app, which I never did before, so will see how it goes from here.
Overall very impressed with the drone, especially how compact it is, more than the spark!!
Just need to sort the controller connect issue but will see, may format before every full flight and see if that helps.

I know this isn't the right place for issues btw!

So anyway, that's my introduction!?

Welcome to the forum . .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: SXB1
Welcome to the forum . .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Cheers ??
Already had a gander about and learnt so much.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02