DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question #3 ..... (more to come)

stormtheCOCKpit

Reactions
So I have successfully completed 3 flights so far with no crashes and as a newbie .... I’ll take it! I wanted to throw together a video of the footage I’ve taken so far. My question ...... what is the best way to get the footage off the SD card and into a laptop or cpu to edit and what should I use to edit? I have a iPad mini, my gf has a pro that I can use too.

I’ll elaborate a little .... do I need some sort of device that will get the files off the card onto the mini and/or pro? I think I saw a unit on amazon they would allow this I just want to see what everyone recommends

Hy guy, I’m from Brazil. I’ve iPhone 6S no MM and one iPhone 8. I transfer video and photos by AirPlay between, saved in iCloud and Google Photos automatically. Congratulations from Brazil.

Look on Amazon for sd card readers for your device.
I just dump my card into my iMac then reformat my card in the app when I go out again.

Reactions: Drone Master
In my opinion, an SD card reader is the best option but not just any reader. I highly suggest a USB 3.0 reader IF you have a 3.0 port on your system. The video files are large - very large - and a 2.0 reader is really slow. I purchased this one from Amazon and have been very pleased but I am sure there are others that will work equally as well.

UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Dual Slot

Reactions: kawartha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife