DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie re - registering a second hand Mavic Pro

Chopperone

Reactions
First of all Hi.
I am new to all of this & I am reading /watching everything I can.
I am in the UK & I have a bought a second hand Mavic Pro off a friend.

I need to re register this in my name etc.
I have removed the battery & tried to scan the QR code with my iphone 6 & it keeps saying error.
Firstly - can I re register the MP with my details & secondly what is the best way of doing it please.

I am pretty sure I can thing up some more questions after this but thanks for your help in advance
Guy

There's no way to re-register a Mavic. Just log into your DJI account within DJI GO and go fly.

I'm also in the UK and am the owner of a second hand Mavic Pro bought on eBay. Can I assume that DJI Care is not an option?

If so, is there any way of insuring the drone against damage/loss in the UK? I did wonder if it's covered under my normal household policy which includes accidental damage for items away from home.

I'm also in the UK and am the owner of a second hand Mavic Pro bought on eBay. Can I assume that DJI Care is not an option?

If so, is there any way of insuring the drone against damage/loss in the UK? I did wonder if it's covered under my normal household policy which includes accidental damage for items away from home.
Yes DJI care is no longer an option on a used Mavic.
Insurance, not sure about crash/loss cover, I take a risk and will cover that if it happens.
However I do not take 3rd party risk, I have Public liability risk cover with FPV UK - Flying Model Aircraft and Drone Membership, Advice & Support
Very good value, and absolutely would not fly without it, I suspect new drone regs will make it compulsory soon.

If I crash my Mavic is probably gone forever as I fly over water often, if it crashes on land, I can fix it, I fly very conservatively with my Mavic, but I have a P4 with 200 flights which I take risks with, It has paid for itself.
Good luck.

Thanks very much for heads up re. PL insurance.
Very disappointing that I can’t re register OR have DJI care.

So if I lose my MP how do I register my loss or take advantage of any database?

Thanks very much for heads up re. PL insurance.

So if I lose my MP how do I register my loss or take advantage of any database?
I don't think there is any database. If you lose your MP your in the same boat as owners of new units. There is nothing in place to reunite lost drones with there owner's.
I can't see someone who finds it sending it to DJI and DJI won't give out users contact details due to data protection.

Best thing to do is put a sticker with your contact details on the mavic.

As far as insurance, I use FPV for liability. Most home insurers will cover the mavic as a valuable away from home but will not cover it in flight, pointless really.

Photoguard covers drones but you would need to enquire whether they cover second hand.

If the previous owner purchased DJI Care Refresh, you will be able to use whatever is left of that 1-year protection plan. If DJI Care Refresh was not purchased, you can buy it here and activate it like this.

if I lose my MP how do I register my loss or take advantage of any database?
There is no such database. If you lose your Mavic, either use the flight log to help track it down or use a tracker (like one of these).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone