DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie to flying

Hey all,

so I’ve had the Mavic 2 Pro now for a few weeks, and I absolutely love it. As a MUCH younger guy who wanted to fly in the Air Force or Navy, I was told I couldn’t because I’m colorblind ( I DO see color - I just can’t tell some apart). Anyway, droning let’s this old man finally see the world the way I’ve dreamed about it since I was a kid!

I hope to learn a lot from some of you more experienced pilots. Ultimately, I’m planning to get my Part 107 license and hopefully do this as a summer gig (I’m a teacher). Mostly, however I just want to see the world the way only the birds can.

Look forward to reading your topics and maybe getting to know some of you.
Welcome to the forum.
"this old man"
Old man? You're a just a young pup compared to some of us. I served on the aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne for a few years so I can relate.
I hope you continue to enjoy your droning. Much to learn for both of us.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I have the same issue with some colors and was also told I was colorblind. I want to take the 107 test but I have a problem with the airspace colors on the aeronautical charts.
Hello Laborous,

Are there questions on the exam where you need to differentiate color in order to pass? I know you have to know how to decipher information on a map, and many things on the charts are color coded, but I'm wondering if I'd still be able to pass the test even with my colorblindness.

Thanks!!

BTW - Absolutely love Maine and spend a good chunk of my summers hanging around Kezar Lake in Lovell, ME!!

Hey all,

so I’ve had the Mavic 2 Pro now for a few weeks, and I absolutely love it. As a MUCH younger guy who wanted to fly in the Air Force or Navy, I was told I couldn’t because I’m colorblind ( I DO see color - I just can’t tell some apart). Anyway, droning let’s this old man finally see the world the way I’ve dreamed about it since I was a kid!

I hope to learn a lot from some of you more experienced pilots. Ultimately, I’m planning to get my Part 107 license and hopefully do this as a summer gig (I’m a teacher). Mostly, however I just want to see the world the way only the birds can.

Look forward to reading your topics and maybe getting to know some of you.
Welcome from the coast of Maine and someone who is more of a newby (and probably older) than you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929