DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie to Mavics after advice

Flight Seeing

Reactions
Hello. Im new to DJI drones and currently have the MA2. I think its excellent and love the various modes.
one thing i do like is the asteroid mode - however ive not figured out how to take just a mini globe image - as in just fly it to a height and take a globe image rather than have the drone fly away and stitch a small video together.
is this possible? If not is there talk of it being introduced?
Sorry if this has already been discussed and/or if this is on the wrong forum section
Thank you in advance for help.

Hello. Im new to DJI drones and currently have the MA2. I think its excellent and love the various modes.
one thing i do like is the asteroid mode - however ive not figured out how to take just a mini globe image - as in just fly it to a height and take a globe image rather than have the drone fly away and stitch a small video together.
is this possible? If not is there talk of it being introduced?
Sorry if this has already been discussed and/or if this is on the wrong forum section
Thank you in advance for help.

Instead of using the Quickshots, select the panorama mode, and pick the globe option.

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow Welshmen will help you adjust to CAA regs, and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to download and read the manual, and practice “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Happy flying!

Reactions: Flight Seeing
Instead of using the Quickshots, select the panorama mode, and pick the globe option.
Will that create a single image with a spherical globe picture like the end of the asteroid mode? I thought the panorama globe was a 360degree all direction panorama that you view (and move perspective with the mouse, like google street view)?

to the OP, you can always take the asteroid video and make a single image of the "globe" photo you need from the frame of the video.

Ahh yes im after the drone taking a spherical image.
yes i could edit the video - just a bloody faff when i want a quick shot. Will check it out when the UK finally stops raining.
thanks all

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow Welshmen will help you adjust to CAA regs, and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to download and read the manual, and practice “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Happy flying!

Speaking of CAA regs. Im all registered from using my previous drones but will I need the new A2 COFC for my Air2 as its over the 500g mark?
ive held off as the regs seem to be getting delayed
Thanks ??

I had a play and found the globe image setting. It took an amazingly detailed globe image and in the DJI fly app displayed as a globe which i can turn and manipulate. However i cant export it to anywhere - it will only export as a pano image, stretched out. Also in the dji fly app it wont show the entire globe, the top and bottom edges are cut off so I cant even screen shot it

any clue anyone?
thank you again

That is my experience with using the 'globe' panorama. the only way i know to capture a still picture of what you want is takig a frame snapshot from the asteroid video.

• Sad
Reactions: buzz96
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise