DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wakamula

Reactions
Hi,
I live the UK but spend a lot of time in the USA (mostly chasing fish). I was recently given a Mavic Pro 2 as thank you from a friend (pretty generous thank you!!). The thing is awesome and well beyond my expectations. I am a very competent photographer (mostly live music and published), but haven't done much for the last 12 months. This thing has sparked my interest as I can see it's being a source of some creativity. I have a question.The advice is to fly with your phone in flightmode. Yet facebook live would require an internet connection, I presume the flightmode suggestion is simply playing on the safe side?
Also like to mention that I have registered in the USA and fully understand the rules and regs, which are not disimilar to the UK.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

I presume the flightmode suggestion is simply playing on the safe side?
It's for freeing up resources on the mobile device and/or limiting distractions (like phone calls). Like you found, it's not always possible to use it.

The reason to put your phone in flightmode or airplane mode is to free up processing power for Go 4 and to prevent you from getting an interrupting phone call at an inopportune time.

I have used Facebook live and streamed from my Mavic before but you really have to have a good cellular connection as well. It is very taxing on resources on the phone which is why I changed phones earlier this year. I am using the Galaxy 9s now and it seems to work ok, but you do need to make sure you shut down all the background apps you aren't using.

Hi,
I live the UK but spend a lot of time in the USA (mostly chasing fish). I was recently given a Mavic Pro 2 as thank you from a friend (pretty generous thank you!!). The thing is awesome and well beyond my expectations. I am a very competent photographer (mostly live music and published), but haven't done much for the last 12 months. This thing has sparked my interest as I can see it's being a source of some creativity. I have a question.The advice is to fly with your phone in flightmode. Yet facebook live would require an internet connection, I presume the flightmode suggestion is simply playing on the safe side?
Also like to mention that I have registered in the USA and fully understand the rules and regs, which are not disimilar to the UK.
Howdy from Wyoming @Wakamula , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! I never put my mobile device in Airplane Mode, I have received calls and texts while flying I simply ignore them. Fly safe and have fun!

FWIW I use do not disturb on my iPhone rather that airplane mode. I use the IPhone shortcut app to program it. I say Fly Mavic to Siri and it sets screen brightness to 100, opens the GoApp and turns on do not disturb. When I am done I say Done Flying to Siri and it reverts. If you have it in airplane mode Siri didn’t work since she needs cellular reception.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem