DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newby - drone only hovers

Dine

Reactions
Set up and connection went well. Set on beginner mode and drone went to 4’ but manual controls didn’t work so clicked return home. Reset it to precision landing then drone went higher, took some pics and video but controls still didn’t work (left, right, forward etc) so hit return home. What am I missing here?

Not sure if this is relevant but a pop up came up that said “warning zone fly with caution.”

Are you flying indoors or close to other objects? If so perhaps the proximity sensors may be preventing the movement.

Well if thats the case its easier to write down your settings within DJIGO4 and then completely remove DJIGO4 . Reboot the device and reload the DJIGO4 app. Then input all of your specific settings.

That may be easier and less invasive than updating the firmware. Although if your firmware is out of date then one typically gets a message on screen indicating that they need to update thier firmware. Did you get one of those messages onscreen within DJIGO4 and just dismiss it?

I have an iPhone with the app and my husband has an android with the app and we both had the same problem.
I got the firmware messsge on the app after I disconnected and came in the house and rebooted.

So to upgrade the firmware I need to open the app and be connected to both the controller and drone, correct?

Yes that is correct! Here is the official DJI method for updating firmware using DJIGO4.
I would suggest watching the video and familiarizing oneself with the process.

Reactions: Rich55
The warning message should have stated
"Dont worry about the warning zone you are in as you will not be able to fly with caution as you have no stick inputs.”
:)

If your bird is in wifi your controller won’t work . On the mavic pro there is a small sliding switch beside the SD card slot . Move it to RC

Ding, Ding , Ding! DanMan32 solves it again! Nice one.
Of course this has to be the solution since flying in WiFi mode expects that you will be using the onscreen joysticks from your device and not the physical joysticks on the Remote Controller.

Reactions: deleted member 877
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique