newby

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilunionhall

Reactions
hi guys -

is it unrealistic to start out with no experience with a mavic pro platinum

Costco usually has good prices and they have a kit that includes --
Includes: Aerial Camera, Controller, Battery Charger, 16GB MicroSD Card, Sling Bag, Propeller Guards and DJI Goggles

but it seems like a lot of the bundles from other sources have 2 extra batteries

or do the DJI goggles make this bundle worth the $

tks !!

I bought mine with all accessories individually and was glad I did as I got exactly the ones I wanted. But if you can get the drone itself at a good price you'd have a good deal. As msinger says, however, if you see the bundle with close to what you think you'd like and use, it might be worth it. Excited for you as you savor the enjoyment.

I bought mine with all accessories individually and was glad I did as I got exactly the ones I wanted. But if you can get the drone itself at a good price you'd have a good deal. As msinger says, however, if you see the bundle with close to what you think you'd like and use, it might be worth it. Excited for you as you savor the enjoyment.
Also you might want to check reviews of various goggle types. Some are larger and more bulky than others. Some work better than others. And ask yourself how often you'd want to use them, if that is your primary interest. Some people get a bit dizzy looking thru them. Look at the case. Is it the type you'd want to use? You can always add batteries anytime but you'd want to even out the number of uses of each battery if you buy them relatively close together. You are shopping for this excellent drone at a great time with much better pricing than when it first came out.

Reactions: DanCernese
hey thanks for the reply's so far. I guess I am not sure I even would use the goggles - they were packaged with the drone. the package was $1300 I believe - I am pretty sure I have seen some pkgs with 3 batteries for about that much.
other than the obvious - batteries, charger, carrying case - where would money be well spent?

hey thanks for the reply's so far. I guess I am not sure I even would use the goggles - they were packaged with the drone. the package was $1300 I believe - I am pretty sure I have seen some pkgs with 3 batteries for about that much.
other than the obvious - batteries, charger, carrying case - where would money be well spent?
Other than the drone, the main things you will want right away are more batteries and a good carry case. You can always find additional props, a larger SD card and other small accessories. That is why I preferred to just get the drone and find my own extras. I found the exact case I wanted which was better than the one offered in the bundle. I don't know of many who would use prop guards. I think they just include them to show another item to make it appear more attractive.

Other than the drone, the main things you will want right away are more batteries and a good carry case. You can always find additional props, a larger SD card and other small accessories. That is why I preferred to just get the drone and find my own extras. I found the exact case I wanted which was better than the one offered in the bundle. I don't know of many who would use prop guards. I think they just include them to show another item to make it appear more attractive.

curious - what manufacturer and model case did you buy. do you have a "go to" web site where you purchase your stuff?

curious - what manufacturer and model case did you buy. do you have a "go to" web site where you purchase your stuff?
I've attached 3 photos of one like I got for $19. That is just my preference. You may prefer an actual case. And it depends if you are transporting it yourself or travelling commercially. If commercially I'd recommend a harder case. This one I can throw over a shoulder walking or into the ATV and head out. It will depend on your own style.

Attachments

• Mavic Pro bag3.png
    Mavic Pro bag3.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Mavic Pro bag2.png
    Mavic Pro bag2.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Mavic Pro bag1.png
    Mavic Pro bag1.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 44
$19. bucks, jeez, great price, tell me, can you find a spot for a 7" tablet in there someplace?
I;ve got the bag they supply with the flymore package,m but its just to "tight" for my Acer Iconia tablet to fit in it.

$19. bucks, jeez, great price, tell me, can you find a spot for a 7" tablet in there someplace?
I;ve got the bag they supply with the flymore package,m but its just to "tight" for my Acer Iconia tablet to fit in it.
Not sure about a 7" tablet. For true portability I use a phone, an extra phone dedicated to the drone.

I wouldn't get the DJI goggles if you have no experience at all. And you will definitely want at least 3 batteries. They go dead unbelievably fast when you're out having some fun. As for the case, there are so many variations that you will just need to determine what you might like. Some people like backpacks and some like suitcases and some like the shoulder bags. I like 'em all in different situations, so you just gotta decide what suites you best. You'll want some sort of leg extenders if you ever want to land in grass or any length. Landing pad is nice and will help with location of home position and especially sandy or dusty areas (never take off/and in sand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura