DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Next Bag Thread: Protactic 350 AW for DSLR plus Air

galfridus

Reactions
I have a Canon T2I with 4 medium to small lenses (none of the massive telephoto ones), and now I have a Mavic Air (Fly More). I'm looking for a bag to take all that stuff plus have some space for other stuff, and the Lowepro bags are great. It looks like the 350 would hold all this with not much room left, but I'm thinking about using attachments to carry anything else.

I am using the Mavic Pro bag I bought off eBay. It holds my Air in its supplied hard case, the controller, battery charger, 3 spare batteries, cables, a full set of spare propellers. Really happy with the bag and I feel its way better than the Mavic Air bag, both in terms of build quality and how it can accommodate everything.

I got two Fujifilm X cameras, I think three lenses, and the Mavic Pro system into my Protactic 350. With tripod it was all getting pretty heavy. But didn't carry every thing on daily trips. Not super happy pulling the camera out of the top, will try using the side openings next time. Little pockets on the sides are too small. You can get all sizes of lens pouch attachments. Overall a good pack and significantly cheaper than the 450.

I have the lowepro 350 and it holds my Canon 6D, 70-200 lens, 17-40 zoom, and 24mm ronikon, along with the Mavic air and controller. It's pretty full with everything in it, but it fits

Reactions: galfridus
I've just purchased a Think Tank Streetwalker Harddrive 2.0 after buying and testing around 10 other bags including Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW (I read lots of report saying 350 was a suprisingly small bag.), Peak Design Everyday Backpack, Vanguard Alta Sky 51D, Thule Covert Dark Shadow Backpack and a few more.

The Think Tank is close to perfect. Easily fits my Air and GH5 and other kit. Super well made too.

Peter McKinnon has a great video on it.

It's not too big either in my opinion which some of the other bags I tried were. (Vanguard Alta Sky 51D).

The Think Tank looks really good! I do like having side access for lens changes (I have a LowePro Sling right now which is just too small) so I'm not sure the Think Tank would be OK for me.

I have a Canon T2I with 4 medium to small lenses (none of the massive telephoto ones), and now I have a Mavic Air (Fly More). I'm looking for a bag to take all that stuff plus have some space for other stuff, and the Lowepro bags are great. It looks like the 350 would hold all this with not much room left, but I'm thinking about using attachments to carry anything else.
Check out eBay for the Kata 3n1 models. (Kata was bought out by Manfrotto a few years ago, but the original models are still available). I have the 3n1 - 11 size that I bought for my DSLR hauling. There are larger sizes ( 3n1-20 / 22 / 23 / 30) with various configurations that would accommodate the necessary customization you're looking for.
My preference for this bag is it's versatility. Can be a back pack, sling bag, single over-the-shoulder. All of the compartment padding is adjustable and mine came with waterproof covers that are deployed from the bottom of the bag. Prices on eBay are about half of what I paid. I now use my 3n1-11 for traveling with my Pro as a carry-on.

Easy to open when going through airport security. As an added note, I use LiPO safe bags for my batteries. Many of the case designs don't accommodate bagged batteries. I simply adjusted the compartment size to make them fit snugly.

PS - there's a few YouTube videos that show the relative size and versatility

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121