DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nexus 7 or mini ipad 4

Purevil

Reactions
Hi. Quick question prob been answered a few times but still quite new to this. I've got the chance to get a iPad mini 4 cellular in good nick for less than 150 quid, are they any better than the nexus 7 for flying the Mavic pro and the Phantom 3 advanced or should I just stick with the nexus 7. Never owned anything apple before so don't know what there like. So any advise would help. Thanks in advance and have a very good day

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
If the Nexus is working fine, then I'd save the £150 and keep using it. The iPad being newer may load the app a little faster, and have a better screen. But, if you're happy with the Nexus I see no need to change.

Someone will be along soon to say DJI Go 4 works better on Apple, but from my understanding that's a bit of a myth .

Last edited:
I’m not an Android user, so I can’t answer any of that, but I’ve used the mini4 and the only complaint I can twitch about is the heat in the summer that it doesn’t like. New mini5 will be here Tuesday.

Thanks for the reply folks. The fellas that's selling it says I can have go to see what it's like so think that's what I'm going to do before I make up my mind. And think mini 5 might be bit out of my price range at mo, already had earache of the mrs about how much I've spent on drones cos as say really new, only had 2 proper flight upto now. Thanks again

If you were buying either, the Nexus is only just up to it but is on the list of approved devices
You might find it struggles unless you turn off video recording to the device
Since you already have it (?) see how you get on.
A restart just before using it will help.
It fits in the controller arms but you can only grip the corners
The screen is not especially bright which is unhelpful outside.

The Nexus7 works well with my Mavic pro1
With it 12 gig's of storage you will run out of Hard drive space
So you must do storage maintenance before to long
Everytime you fly.... Take a picture.... Record video
Your nexus stores it apps...apps update... Emails all will take up hard-drive space.

I find my nexus7 runs better
When a have a minimum of 6gig
Free hard-drive space
Power management is your friend
....cR

I have both devices, an Asus Nexus 7 (32Gb storage) and an Apple iPad Mini Cellular (128 Gb). No brainer, I use the Apple. DJI Go 4 runs great. Good screen size, good resolution. I use a bracket to hold the iPad Mini gen 4. Also runs the B4UFly, Airmap and UAV Forecast apps. Great tools!

I've now tried the iPad mini 4 it's a lot better than the nexus. Both have plenty of space as both are 32gb but the screen brightness on the iPad is loads better outside plus theres no video lag on the iPad either, on nexus although it was only milliseconds it bugged me. And from what I've seen a 32gb iPad mini 4 for less than 150 is good value to so I bought it. Thanks again for the advice it has been much appreciated.

. New mini5 will be here Tuesday.
I tried using an iPad Air, almost four years old, but the brightness wasn't as good as the iPhone 7+. I found I need glasses to ready whatever my display is and I end up, switching back and forth 'tween sunglasses and glasses. Can you say what the brightness level is on the mini 5?

I just won a Bidding for an ipad mini 4 cellular on ebay for 160 quids. Can't wait to swap the flying experience with the iPhone 8 which I found it too small

iPhone 7+ rated at 705 nits, new iPad mini 5 rated at 500! I too tried my iPad Air, and bought the mount for it, but it wasn't bright enough during daytime use to fly.

I just won a Bidding for an ipad mini 4 cellular on ebay for 160 quids. Can't wait to swap the flying experience with the iPhone 8 which I found it too small
iPad mini 4 is good pad just dont use a long cable like I did at first it kept losing connection but once I'd got the short cable it's been fine

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d